First Homemade Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
''But since this beer is gonna suck then maybe an explosion would be pretty cool.''

Damn. I laughed out loud at work over this. Too bad this was a joke. I wanted to party with this guy. Probably would have brought my own beer though.

I would hope a ban or a shunning will happen.

I guess I would deserve it, but I ask for a Dwight Shrute style unshun after a suitable time period.

Sorry I offended. I was hoping for a satirical laugh, not hurt feelings.

It's not like the posts were mean spirited.

I guess I would deserve it, but I ask for a Dwight Shrute style unshun after a suitable time period.

Sorry I offended. I was hoping for a satirical laugh, not hurt feelings.

It's not like the posts were mean spirited.

Oh, agreed. I laughed the whole way through. But yours isn't the only one. Now think about a REAL newbie showing up and brewing a first batch just like you posted. You get enough trolls crying wolf, and the oldtimers get more and more jaded about helping people that actually do need the help ;)

Cool. And I promise to resist the temptation of going over to extract brewing forum and post about how all grain beer just tastes better.

(Jk, jk but those threads are always fun reads.)

Using only hard to get hops and 5 packs of limited release liquid yeast.

I would get completely flamed for wasting good hops and yeast. Last month I found a ziplock baggy with some four plus year old Saaz hops at the bottom of my chest freezer and just left it there. I could use that and bread yeast from the grocery store.

LOL
Leave them in a clear baggy outside all summer and use them in a tiny batch with bread yeast. Ferment it at something like 90 degrees and let the temp swing wildly! For instance, on your back porch. Give it to a buddy and ask for some feedback and watch their reaction.

Don't forget to filter it through a shirt though.

Latest posts

Back