looking for a little advice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evan5159

Reaction score
ok so i made my first all grain brew seven days ago. og was 1.060. today, seven days later, 1.008. should i bottle? should I let it sit in secondary?

1 more week would be plenty (for me). that's some pretty serious attenuation, makes me wonder. Normally a beer with that starting OG would end at about 1.015 or so (unless you used sugar or honey or such). Good luck, if it doesn't move past that gravity for a couple of days you can bottle.

passed is correct (of course). getting a beer down to 1.008 is tough when you start at 1.060. what kind was it, and with what yeast? did you use honey or table sugar?

no i added no sugars or honey. it is called wild child mild. nottingham dry yeast. rehydrated and put in a starter with dextrose for three days

ok, i suspected a mild (except for that og) at that fg. let it sit another 3-4 days, then bottle, carb for 2 weeks, and drink

Carbed for three weeks. Very slightly carbonated but I already put all in the fridge. Will it get better?

Honestly, besides the fact that it didn't carb well. This beer wasn't good. I mean it's strong and tastes like cheap beer. Like old style or something.

Honestly, besides the fact that it didn't carb well. This beer wasn't good. I mean it's strong and tastes like cheap beer. Like old style or something.
No harm in pulling them out of the fridge and let them condition at room temp for a couple more weeks. Then pop one in the fridge for a couple days to test. Some of mine have been great at 3 weeks, and some haven't been good until 6 weeks in the bottle. Time heals most things (except for the things it doesn't :cross:)

whitehause said:
I would think that is a really dry brew. Were you at 60 deg when you took your hydro readings?

It was at 68, the temp at which I was to ferment

gwcr said:
No harm in pulling them out of the fridge and let them condition at room temp for a couple more weeks. Then pop one in the fridge for a couple days to test. Some of mine have been great at 3 weeks, and some haven't been good until 6 weeks in the bottle. Time heals most things (except for the things it doesn't :cross:)

It won't " skunk" it if I pull them out?

Latest posts

Back