Brewin' up a storm

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwarven_stout

Reaction score
Yeah, it's about to rain/snow outside. I took an extended break from brewing ("extended" meaning 2 weeks :p ) to break up the old off-balance cement patio and lay a brick one. Now that I'm stocked up to full on SWMBO goodwill, I'm brewing on the new patio. :p

Today's plan: 5gal of Denny's Vanilla Bourbon Porter, followed by 3 or 4 gallons (tbd when I see the wort gravity) of pumpkin ale run off the porter grain bed. I'm adding around 2 lbs of 2-row and 2lbs of homegrown roast pumpkin to the mash for the ale.

Porter's starting the boil now- 5.8 gal at 1.073 into the boil for 74% efficiency. Not bad for no-sparge (I normally batch sparge, but I wanted a little more sugar left behind in the grist for my bastardized partigyle).

Well, I accidentally poured myself a BSG at 10% instead of a saison at 5% while I was remembering to not worry (and having a homebrew). I put 6lbs of 2-row in for the pumpkin, and got 5 gallons of 1.058 out. I think my Thanksgiving beer might be a little on the strong side as well.

Back