My First. Bottle Day.......

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoodDogShelby

Reaction score
....and it was a lot like my first sexual encounter.

It was awkward. I didn't know if I was doing it right.
It was exciting. I've watched her ferment for a month and was eager.
It was messy. My bottle bucket leaked.
There was spilled beer on the floor.
I didn't know if I was doing it right
I enjoyed it tremendously.
I really wanted a nap when I was done.
I can't wait to do it again!

No one told me this hobby would bring back these old memories.

I can relate but once you do it 6-9 times with the same uhhhhhh Bottle Bucket you get bored and are ready to move on to something shiny and steel. Plus you can do it in 20 minutes instead of 2 hours . LOL More time to sit on the couch and drink . One thing I learned going to a spring loaded bottle wand (a $3 investment) is a great idea as opposed to the cheapy float valve one that comes with the kits.

I related my comparison to my wife.

Her response: " You were alone too, right? "

I get no respect.

Congrats on bottling your first batch. Here is to many more.

I knew the keg thing would come up. My over/under on that response to a bottling thred is 4, so I was right on.

Some of us actually like to bottle. I usually do it while my grains are mashing. It take me about 45 minutes start to finish to do a batch.

I like bottles for several reasons. I like a lot of variety, so I can always have many more brews on hand than I could kegging. Right now I have various quantities of 14 different beers on hand. I always have 4-5 different beers in my fridge. I also brew a lot of Belgians and Saisons, and those like to age. Also bottles are easier to transport if I going somewhere. We have a lot of BYO restaurants near here, so last night I went to one and took a few homebrews.

The more you drink beforehand the longer it takes. :drunk:

I wrap a little bit of thread seal tape (generally used for plumbing) on the outside of the bucket around the spigot. Usually that's where my bucket leaks. Then when you sanitize you can make sure nothing comes out.

Cant wait till i bottle mine...just finished putting my first to bed for fermentation..

Something about tipping that bottling bucket to shotgun that last bit of beer you can't get into the spigot.

Latest posts

Back