Are Grolsch bottles collectibles?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Butcher

Reaction score
I picked up 6 of these from my neighbor at a buck a peice. They are brown with the ceramic toppers. Looking on ebay these seem to be going for $2 a bottle to over $10. Are these collectible, and what is a decent price for them? Im wondering if its worth my time to sell them.

I was at a yard sale this past weekend and a lady tried to sell 2 of them for $10. They even had some funky liquid in them and stated that they were never opened even though the seals were obviously torn and ripped. She told me that they were rare and collectible. :rolleyes: At that point I just shook my head and left.

beerloaf

I've sold some in every garage sale that we have had. I price them at slightly above the store price for full ones. Have sold every one that I offered. Never said that they were collectable or rare but have placed them with obviously collectable bottles.

I buy them when they're cheaper than an EZ-Cap bottle. So under 3 bucks, and they're not in terrible shape. As far as collectible, there's millions of them out there, I guess it's like all the comics from the 90s that everyone thought would some day be worth as much as the first superman comic.

They're collect-able in the same sense that Ford's LTD was 'limited'...

...limited to how many they could sell.

Or like the flea market cheats that know when the new hot wheels are delivered by case loads to the toy store. They buy'em all,then take them out to the flea market & sell'em as collectables for $10-$20 each. I turned them in to flea market management,& all the local toy store managers.
Same dishonest BS.

When we have a party, I order a couple of cases of Grolsch from my local liquor store. I let the party goers drink up the beer, while I have nifty new bottles for my brew, but some how I always end up short a few bottles.

However I haven't done this is a couple of years, Might have to hit the Liquor store up and place an order.

The liquor store by my house sells Grolsch singles for $2.39 or so... I pick up a couple every time I go there and save them to use for my homebrew. Pretty cheap for the beer and reusable bottle....

The Fischer Amber Ale bottles are swing top and the bottles are even brown. Plus I'm an amber fan. So it's a win win for me. The bottles do cost about $4 a pop though. not really collectible though. My girlfriends dad saved a couple from about 25 years ago though. Lucky for me he saved them.

Someone on craigslist was trying to sell green regular 12oz grolsch bottles for $8 a piece. That would be great if you could make money by just drinking beer, but it doesn't work that way.

I just picked up a 4 pack Grolsch Lager in floptops at Krogers for $10, I thought I would be in for a real treat. NOT I wont buy anymore unless I want more fliptops.

They're collect-able in the same sense that Ford's LTD was 'limited'...

...limited to how many they could sell.

That refers to the trim level- as in, it is limited or "maxed out" because you can't get any better features. It's not limited edition.

My friends grandfather used to homebrew and had a buttload of Grolsch Swingtop bottles. He gave me 48 of them and there were still tons leftover, major score!

Tinga said:
The Fischer Amber Ale bottles are swing top and the bottles are even brown. Plus I'm an amber fan. So it's a win win for me. The bottles do cost about $4 a pop though. not really collectible though. My girlfriends dad saved a couple from about 25 years ago though. Lucky for me he saved them.

I picked up a case of 12 of these, used, from my LHBS for $3! Great shape too - just needed new gaskets. A great find...

Back