Can GE 5.0 freezer fit 3 kegs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Naked_Eskimo

Reaction score
In EdWorts thread on sizing freezers for corny, he has a picture of both the 5.0 cu GE and the Holiday. In both, his cardboard cutouts show that you can only have 2 kegs on the freezer floor (dont want any on the hump -- no intention to build a collar yet).

However, I see that people have posted pics showing that you can actually put 3 kegs and a CO2 tank in the 5.0cu Holiday..so EdWorts measurements must be slightly off. My question is, does anyone know whether I'd be able to do the same with the GE model (3 kegs on the floor?).

I plan on buying ball-lock cornies..

Here's the freezer:
http://www.homedepot.com/Appliances...splay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053.

There is no model in store for me to look at, so cant size it myself.

i may be wrong but i seem to remember there being at least two versions of this freezer, an earlier version with a corner hump and a later version with a full side hump.

from the thread i believe the version with the smaller corner hump was able to accept 3 on the floor - the later redesign will not however.

i have a holiday 5.0 with the full size hump that runs front to back, two + 5# tank fit on the floor comfortable, but there is not enough sq footage to fit three 9" dia kegs.

I was unaware that there were two different designs. In order to fit the 3 kegs, I'd need it to be a corner hump, and not wall-to-wall. Unfortunately, if you're buying online you cant see the actual hump from most website, just an exterior view.

this is the newer version
ChestFreezer-GE-5.0.jpg

this is the older version
ChestFreezer-Holiday-5.0.jpg

mine is the upper one, i believe the lower one did have millimeters to spare to squeeze in the 3rd.

I think my chest freezer is 5cuft. I will hold two 5 gallon cornies and one 3 gallon corny on the hump.

Back