The Sunday Session (9/13/09) - Brewing Calculations

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SavageSteve

Reaction score
There's an interesting (hopefully) "Sunday Session" coming up this evening on The Brewing Network about brewing calculations-- things you should be measuring and calculating and how to do it. John Palmer will be on it, so you know it's going to be technical, but understandable.

The Brewing Network.com - :

I'm all about measuring and calculating, so I'll definitely be tuned in. It's on at 5:00 p.m. PDT.

-Steve

WOW! :eek: The Sunday Session is quite NSFW and NSFF (not safe for family)!

This is the first time I've listened to it.

Also, nearly an hour into it and they've barely talked about beer.

-Steve

WOW! :eek: The Sunday Session is quite NSFW and NSFF (not safe for family)!

This is the first time I've listened to it.

Also, nearly an hour into it and they've barely talked about beer.

-Steve

Yeah, that's a typical session then. I like it when I am traveling and don't mind an hour of rambling. But most of the time, I'm busy and don't have the time to wait for the "good stuff". I listen to the shorter podcasts when I walk the dog, but I don't have hours to listen to it.

it's a shame, because I like the info I do get, and I really like the people. But I usually don't tune in unless I've got a couple of hours to kill.

I just tasted four beers that I carbonated today while I was listening to the last segment. John Palmer should be up any minute now.

-Steve

I love the session. I love the banter. I don't really listen to the Session for beer information (at least not a lot of it). It's funny.

If you like boring, listen to Basic Brewing.

I enjoy the banter on The Jamil Show and Brew Strong-- it's short lived and not nearly as salty as the Sunday Session.

Basic Brewing is dry, but informative. There's a little bit of humor in there too, but it also gets tiring to hear them say, "Mmmm!" to every sample of beer they taste. Surely they've made something that sucks?

-Steve

You should give Lunch Meet a listen.

dbdcf5f798739e94

The stupid thing is that now that John Palmer is finally on, I'm actually not really listening to the show-- too busy reading/posting here!

-Steve

I recently got into Basic Brewing. It's dry, and James is a bit like Paul Harvey if Paul Harvey had an irritating nervous laugh, but the info is good. I put a ton of them onto an MP3 CD for listening on my work commute. I've got a few assorted sessions from the Brewing Network saved, but I haven't given them a listen yet.

The Sunday Session really isn't supposed to be a brewing show, it's a talk radio show, with an underlying beer theme.

i usually just listen to the archive versions, that way i can just skip right past the first hour of bs talk they have. there really is a lot of good info that the BN can provide.

I enjoy the banter on The Jamil Show and Brew Strong-- it's short lived and not nearly as salty as the Sunday Session.

Basic Brewing is dry, but informative. There's a little bit of humor in there too, but it also gets tiring to hear them say, "Mmmm!" to every sample of beer they taste. Surely they've made something that sucks?

-Steve

Why would they make beer that sucks? ;)

Session is great, especially for a long drive. The banter is a bit vulgar and crass, but also wonderful. The info there is wonderful (when they get to it) and the guests/personalities are top notch. Hard to find a more decorated batch of homebrewers.

If you like boring, listen to Basic Brewing.

As long as the topic is novel, I could listen to brewing info for days. That's why I brew. So, I find BasicBrewing, Brew Strong, and The Jamil Show quite interesting the majority of the time.

I tried to listen to the Sunday show once. That was enough.

Yeah, after an hour and a half of ramblings I can't even recall, it got a little tedious. John Palmer finally came on, but he was basically just talking about the same stuff in How to Brew.

I turned it off, but if I hadn't listened to all that useless banter, I would have kept listening.

I'll probably download it and fast forward to his segment and listen to it again.

-Steve

I listen to the BN Sunday show on my drive to and from work it helps pass the time. I have tried to listen to Basic Brewing but just cannot. That is the beauty of multiple shows. Some work for you some do not. I plan to load the iPod up with BN shows for the plane ride to GABF.

Back