brew not fermenting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uncorked1956

Reaction score
Hello all,
I pitched my yeast on sat @ 2pm and by the next morning it was percolating like coffee.but by the end of the day 5pm it stopped and its is now monday @ 3pm still no percs.
Am I ok?:mug:

There is absolutely no way to tell without a hydrometer reading, but I would assume your fine unless you had some large temperature fluctuations.

I would think so. I've had beers ferment out overnight myself. It would go particularly fast if it was warm.

If you have a hydrometer, you can always check the SG to see if it's fermenting, but I'd suggest waiting a week and then checking it.

Welcome to HBT!

Like they said, you're probably good to go. You could even have a leaky fermenter so your airlock isn't bubbling because of that. I have always had bubbles in my airlock, but that isn't a great indicator of fermentation. Check with a hydro after a week, and then at 10 days to see if it's leveled off. And welcome!

I have had the same problem before and it turned out to just be the that the lid on my bucket wasn't seated down fully or had been pushed up from the pressure. I pushed it back down and with in an hour i had bubbles in the airlock again.

Back