3 corny mini fridge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I played with this for a while, some of the really high end commercial kegerators (like 700 bucks) would hold 3 or 4, but I just ended up getting a magic chef 5.2 cu ft chest freezer. It has about the same imprint as a mini-fridge, and goes for around 150-170... I suggest that with either a collar or a tower...

There are two models I know of that will hold two 5g cornies and one 3g corny. Unfortunately, both are now discontinued by their manufacturers - but they were very common and still show on Craigslist (at least in my neck of the woods) with some regularity.

Sears Kenmore Elite 4.9 and Sanyo 4912 are the models. With minor modification of removing the shelving from the door both units will hold two 5g cornies, then you can rest a 3g corny on the compressor hump and prop it up in the front with piece wood.

I ran this set up for years (nice 3 tap tower on top, and hole through the side). I actually just upgraded to a 6 keg keezer, needed more on tap. Too bad you're not on the west coast, I've got this set up in garage just waiting for a new home ;)

mykegerator1.jpg

mykegerator2.jpg

I have a Danby that I bought at Home Depot and it will hold three cornies. Long Trail has converted corny kegs into sanke kegs so I have a sanky tap and two corny set ups in mine. It will not hold a 1/6th barrel and two cornies however.

What is the Danby model that will hold 3 cornies? All 5gl right? That is the set up I am looking for too. 3 cornies and a 3 tap tower on top. I may have to get a chest freezer though because I want to run a stout tap with beer gas and the CO2 all in side.

Any Ideas?

I have a Haier that will hold 3 Cornies and a 5 pounder on the hump.

I had to attach a hard drive cooler to the cooling plate to circulate the air for even cooling and to knock down on the ice build up.

What is the Danby model that will hold 3 cornies? All 5gl right? That is the set up I am looking for too. 3 cornies and a 3 tap tower on top. I may have to get a chest freezer though because I want to run a stout tap with beer gas and the CO2 all in side.

Any Ideas?

DKC645BLS

This one has a CO2 tank holder on the back and a hole through for a 5/8" OD hose. You could fit a Nitro tank w/ a regulator inside but it would be a tight fit. I don't think you could get 3 cornies and two gas tanks with regs in there. I've got one regulator on the outside with a hose running inside to a three way manifold. Mine has been good so far with a three tap T-Tower made out of schedule 40 3" PVC with the copper tower cooling method.

Why do you want the CO2 inside? It is very easy to get to the tank and regulator with them mounted on the back--this is how the kegerator came from the store.

BigJay13 said:
DKC645BLS

This one has a CO2 tank holder on the back and a hole through for a 5/8" OD hose. You could fit a Nitro tank w/ a regulator inside but it would be a tight fit. I don't think you could get 3 cornies and two gas tanks with regs in there. I've got one regulator on the outside with a hose running inside to a three way manifold. Mine has been good so far with a three tap T-Tower made out of schedule 40 3" PVC with the copper tower cooling method.

Why do you want the CO2 inside? It is very easy to get to the tank and regulator with them mounted on the back--this is how the kegerator came from the store.

Bringing this back from the dead....you can fit the co2 tank and three cornies inside but it is tight. I moved and the space the kegorator is located wouldn't let me put it on the outside.

Back