Resurrection of a Brewpastor

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewpastor

Beer, not rocket chemistry
Reaction score
Well, good news has come my way. After much poking and prodding the good doctors of Albuquerque have determined that I am not gluten intolerant and that my problem is probably stress and old age related. In other words they don't know what is going on and I shouldn't worry about it. They advised I continue to take it easy for a while, get more excersise, watch my diet, especially fast-food and coffee. So all of you who advised RDWHAHB were on the right trail.

I have not had much beer since all this began and the little I have had of late has gone down just fine. So, there it is. All of you who thought you had gotten rid of me, well, sorry, it won't be so easy. :ban:

Thanks again for all your concern and support.

GREAT NEWS!

(well, except for the gluten-intolerance beer-lovers' community, who just lost their patron saint).

I'm still interested in exploring the GF route, I'm ordering some of the GF yeast new week.

That's excellent news, BP...

I've got a friend (the guy who got me into brewing and taught me how to get started) who is a huge beer geek like me...and he's been mildly sick for awhile and it never goes away...like having a mild cold all the time. So he's been told by the docs to cut back on drinking in general...and now they tell him that he should go gluten-free for at least a year to see if it clears up. The kid is my age, 28 or so. Effing crazy. I'm thinking of putting together a gluten-free brew for him too.

Great News BP. Glad to here you are back and everything is working out. Are you still going to explore the GF route at all. I still have a lot of reading to finish up from info i found on the interweb and what not.
The Fast food thing, should be apart of everyones thought process.

Cheers

Congrats on the good news! (of course I am a little disappointed you won't be yard selling the brewery..... jk)

Brewpastor said:
...my problem is probably stress and old age related...

Sounds like homebrew was the SOLUTION all along.

Does this mean I can't look for your conicals being delivered from the UPS guy anytime soon? :D

Welcome back and get that equipment fired up.....:ban: :ban:

I have some gluten free going and plan to continue to play around with it. I read an interesting piece about using alpha amylase with unmalted sorghum and I want to give that a try.

I am very happy for you and am glad you get to keep up the great brewing and sampling.

Now, that your back....does it mean you will help me with the recipe request I PM'd you:D

Great news, for sure! (Well, except for the old age part- you're only a couple years older than me, I think!)

Brewing is a great stress reducer so have at it!

Pirate Ale said:
I am very happy for you and am glad you get to keep up the great brewing and sampling.

Now, that your back....does it mean you will help me with the recipe request I PM'd you:D

Sure, but I'll have to go re-read the PM:eek:

Good news! Yay! Yes, cut back on that coffee stuff. My fiancee was having medical problems and she likes to drink beer every bit as much as I do. It came down to too much coffee being the culprit! I never touch the stuff myself. I'll stick to coffee stouts!

Stress? Isn't that one of the benefits of brewing - to relieve that?! Old age, there isn't much we can do about. Now, go have a homebrew to celebrate!

Great news!

However, I still think we owe it to future GF sufferers to push full speed ahead with a load of GF recipes.

BP..can you please share the alpha amylase/sorghum piece?

Best news all day!

First I find out about Michael Jackson (RIP my frosty beverage loving friend!), then I can't go over to see my good friend's new baby because my wife is sporting a bit of a cold, then I decide to completely hose my computer up...

But, BP is back! Awesome. I'll hoist one to you tonight, bro!

...but I still want to experiment a little with sorghum and GF beer, so keep that info flowing...

:ban: :ban: :ban:

Right ON BP! I'm SO glad to hear it. Stress is a funny monkey so you know what that means...

Spend more time hanging out with us looneys. HBT is the best stress buster there could possibly be!

All the best to you and yours! :mug:

Ize

BP, that is fantastic news! :mug:
I'm very glad to hear the news.

Yooper Chick said:
Great news, for sure! (Well, except for the old age part- you're only a couple years older than me, I think!)

Brewing is a great stress reducer so have at it!
So what does that make me? Grandpa Rich? :mad:

:D

One of my bi-weekly charitable donations go to the Salvation Army because there's no way I could ever have the patience to do the good work those people and people like you do. It takes a special kind of selfless person to look after other's emotional and spiritual needs day after day and that has to truly wear a person down over time.

I wish I could offer advice on how to cope with it but you're already miles ahead of me in that regard. You already know where strength comes from.

Glad to hear your doing alright. I expect more great recipes.:ban:

Your water to Barley wine recipe is awesome. :mug:

Back