time to play the "can you name this style by the pictures" game.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
*chirp chirp*

I'll put together a list to get it moving again or make it easier for new people to start playing:

- Not Tripel
- Not Belgian Blonde
- Not Blonde
- Not Rolling Rock clone
- Not cider
- Not cream ale
- HINT: Can have adjust grain or not. This particular batch just so happens to have some
- Not Kolsch
- Not American Wheat
- HINT: Has wheat in it
- Not a Wit
- Not Kristalweiss
- HINT: It's a session-beer
- Not a Mild

Repost of photo
68008d1342115314-time-play-can-you-name-style-pictures-game-forumrunner_20120712_104846.jpg

I guess I'll rouse this slumbering beast...

This "style" has been a constant source of joking on this thread, but I tried this beer, looked it up, and sure enough one exists!

image-1600612601.jpg

Nice, I wondered if you didn't miss my guess, since they have the same time stamp. I need to drink a beer tonight, then I can post... My phone is populated with repeats... And I have a random 6 pack at home I won at our club mtg on Wednesday... That should get us something outside of the same 10 beers I make and drink all the time.

Thanks for letting me hang out, this is the first batch that I have kegged, Its supposed to be an Irish Red, since it was made in America, I think the Judges would give it to you.

Vinnyb722 said:
Thanks for letting me hang out, this is the first batch that I have kegged, Its supposed to be an Irish Red, since it was made in America, I think the Judges would give it to you.

Make us work for it :)

I wouldn't give it to me..
But since I have a number of beer pictures I will put one up. This beer is characterized by its stunning aromatics. Not a BJCP style.

image-2855601607.jpg

:off: So I have a question your picture is very nice. But I keep seeing the head rise up and not spill out. When I fill mine it just spills out and down the glass. How did you get it stay above the glass? I am jealous when I see this.

RandomBeerGuy said:
:off: So I have a question your picture is very nice. But I keep seeing the head rise up and not spill out. When I fill mine it just spills out and down the glass. How did you get it stay above the glass? I am jealous when I see this.

It's the double pour.. The first pour produces a big fat head, just make sure it doesn't overflow. It will sink a little and get denser. Then you pour more beer in, and it will rise up above the glass and stay there. If it's a stout you can pour some pretty cool looking heads

It's the double pour.. The first pour produces a big fat head, just make sure it doesn't overflow. It will sink a little and get denser. Then you pour more beer in, and it will rise up above the glass and stay there. If it's a stout you can pour some pretty cool looking heads

Thanks! I will try it today when I an able to relax :mug:

Thanks! I will try it today when I an able to relax :mug:

Back