Going to Philly...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Airborneguy

Retired and Brewing
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So my Father's Day present was a trip to Philly for a baseball game and a brewpub. I'm coming on the 23 and staying overnight. I get one brewpub after the game on saturday for dinner. We are staying at the Sheraton by the airport, so I don't want to drive too far in between the park/airport. Can someone help me out? If you could only go to one place, where would it be?

So my Father's Day present was a trip to Philly for a baseball game and a brewpub. I'm coming on the 23 and staying overnight. I get one brewpub after the game on saturday for dinner. We are staying at the Sheraton by the airport, so I don't want to drive too far in between the park/airport. Can someone help me out? If you could only go to one place, where would it be?

Personally if i could go to one place in Philly it wouldn't be a brew pub, it would be http://www.patskingofsteaks.com/ Best Philly steaks in Philly!

I'd go to South Philly Tap Room, Devils Den, and a few other places right in the South Philly area. Not far of a drive from the park. Not "in" the city either.

Monk's is awesome! If you're looking for a smaller place, may I recommend Grace Tavern? Awesome food, great beer (not the biggest selection). If your bartender has long hair in a ponytail and calls you "dude," you're in luck. He's awesome.

I love monks as well. Awesome mussels. Another great one is the Eulogy bar in old city. Another Belgian bar with over 200 beers. Great mussels as well.

I just got back today. We went to Triumph and walked around to a few of the historical sites. I saw Eulogy Bar, but my wife refused to go in because she hates Belgian Beers! I would have left her outside but there was a few shady-types around and I couldn't bring myself to do it ;)

We want to go back maybe next year and spend some more time around the area. This was jsut a quick, overnight.

PS.. great stadium you guys got there. Much better than the old Veteran's Stadium. If it wasn't so damn hot that would have been one of my better baseball trips.

I was at the game myself yesterday. Took my daughter. She had me out of there by the 7th inning. Just in time for the homer barrage. Next time your in town, you should definitely check out either monks or eulogy. Let your wife know that there's more than just Belgians in there. Like I said over 200 beers. It's worth it just to see the beer menu.

Fishtown pub-crawl: Philadelphia Brewing Co. (tasting room) -> The Atlantis -> Memphis Tap -> Kraftwork -> Murphs -> Johnny Brendas -> Frankford Hall -> Barcade (opening soon)

Xfinity Live is openning up pretty soon on the spot where the Spectrum used to be. It looks like a really fun place to hang out before during or after a game in South Philly. Victory is going to have a German Style Beerhall there that looks amazing. I can't wait for it to open up so I can check it out in person!

Back