Stone 11th Extract Clone: need critique

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

checkii

Reaction score
So i'm still learning how to create rcipes and didnt find an extract recipe for this one anywhere and figured i'd give it a go. Any advice?

10.0 lb Light DME
1.50 lb Crystal 60
1.50 lb Carafa III
2.00 oz Chinook (60min)
2.00 oz Simcoe (30min)
1.5 oz Amarillo (5min)
1.5oz Simcoe/Amarillo blend (dry)

US-05 Yeast

OG: 1.090
FG: 1.023
IBU: 96
ABV: 8.8

It's a little heavier than I thought it should be. No idea what to categorize the 11th as. They say black IPA, but to me it has the qualities of an IIPA.

You guys know where i can get my hands on a clone extract recipe of the Stone 10th anniversary, IPA, or Arrogant Bastard? I loved the 10th while it lasted.

Try the search next time, read this. It has everything you need, you're already pretty close. Did you base your recipe on this.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f12/stone-xi-anniversary-clone-51521/

I actually tried this grain bill out recently but went with a different hop schedule.

9lb Light LME
14oz Crystal 60l
14oz Carafa III (I had to use Carafa II)

It didn't turn out as dark as I wanted but that's probably from only being able to use Carafa II instead of III.

Let me know how yours turns out, I love the Stone XI. Also they have rereleased it under the name Sublimely Self-Righteous Ale.

Back