Rogue Oregon Golden Ale clone????

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zorro

Reaction score
Hands down, my favorite beer is Rogue's Oregon Golden Ale.

Has anyone actually tried to clone this beer and had good results? I've searched the forum, but can only find dead guy and some other rogue beers...but no Oregon Golden Ale.

I understand that the ingredients are on the side, but I need some proportions. It reads as follows:

= = = = = =
7 Ingredients:
Malts: Northwest Harrington, Klages & Maier Munich.
Hops: Cascade and Willamette.
Yeast & Water: Rogue’s Pacman Yeast & Free Range Coastal Water.
http://www.rogue.com/beers/oregon-golden-ale.php
= = = = = =

Any ideas?

13 P (1.053 OG)
77% Aparent Attenuation
FG 1.012
35 IBUs

I would go 75% Pale, 25% Munich. Hit your IBUs with a 60 min addition of either hop, and then add .5 oz of each in the last few minutes of the boil. Sadly I don't believe the Pacman strain is available from Wyeast at the moment, but 1056/001/US05 will do a fine job. Mash temp will depend on your strain, ~152 for the liquid strain, maybe a bit higher for the dry (I find US05 to be very attenuative).

Should get you pretty close, but it might take a re-brew or two to really dial it in.

Sorry, no help on the clone. I have never had this brew before.

However I did just ordered a smack pack of Pacman from Northernbrewer.com last week.

Oldsocks' advice on the recipe is a good way to go, this is a pretty simple beer (and good!) As far as Pacman it's a year-round strain now through Wyeast. It's my go to yeast, good for most ale's. Try and buy it at a LHBS, that way it's likely it was shipped well. good luck :rockin:

Back