I'd rather be brewing...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...The same thing we do every day, Pinky - Trying to take over the world.

I'm sitting on my couch with my 6 month old, waiting for SWMBO to finish working so we can leave for Austin for a wedding this weekend.

...And occasionally checking out the job boards, trying to figure out why a finance degree from UT and 6 years of successful sales experience can't get a job that's worth a damn.

6 years of successful sales experience and you can't sell yourself?? You're doing it wrong. Just kidding. Best of luck to you....these are hard times.

6 years of successful sales experience and you can't sell yourself?? You're doing it wrong. Just kidding. Best of luck to you....these are hard times.

All they teach you in business school, is which club to use in the rough/sand/fringe and what color Polo shirt to wear based on your boss's skill level and what course you're playing.

The rest of business just kind of comes and goes between holes, drinks, and hookers.

Why do you think our Country is such shambles? It's run by people who couldn't figure out what to major in so that the thinking didn't interfere to much with drinking and sex, so they said "Business". :D

All they teach you in business school, is which club to use in the rough/sand/fringe and what color Polo shirt to wear based on your boss's skill level and what course you're playing.

The rest of business just kind of comes and goes between holes, drinks, and hookers.

Why do you think our Country is such shambles? It's run by people who couldn't figure out what to major in so that the thinking didn't interfere to much with drinking and sex, so they said "Business". :D

You don't have to tell me. I have a business degree (non-profit specialty) and I still remember comments from my stats classes that revolved around how to impress your boss on the golf course rather than boosting a company's revenue/efficiency.

Luckily, I live in an area where a degree means that you are qualified because you know how to learn and not what you learned. So, I have a business degree but I'm a systems engineer for a DoD contractor via on the job training and practical experience. I worked for a non-profit for 4 months before I decided it wasn't something I really wanted to do.

It's Friday, and I'm alone in the datacenter for some minor hardware changes.

This means no cow-orkers, being able to play my music without headphones, and generally wasting a lot of time..

I started playing Evony last night, cool game.

Evony-Free forever

Working at the Fire Department and having a slow morning! Did morning check of all fire trucks and squads drank a pot of coffee and probably will get called any second for the old lady who fell and can't get up, but am hoping for a fully engulfed house fire instead!!!

Taking care of a co-workers open issues because I found out he took the day off when I called him at his office to see if these issues were wrapped up. And thinking, How am I going to eat lunch. I was under the impression Said Coworker would be in our office one more day, relieving me for lunch. hmmmm.

getting ready to go to vancouver island for the weekend. killing time at work by running out for new golf clothes and playing on here.

....and getting paid for all this too.

Really praying that we have seen the last of bridezilla and her family.

Parts for a Pumpkin ale sitting at home waiting for me, but no filtered water.

Yeah.. I worked in a Printing warehouse when I was younger. Unloaded a lot of Mead trucks..

I didn't even consider The Office reference... heh.

We have two BIG places to work. Mead Paper and Kenworth Truck Assembly. And both are the same way, You're basically not getting a job unless you have family working there. but then again nowadays, at least at Kenworth, you're just not plain getting a job.....or keeping one if you've been there less than 200 years.

Back