Wet hop brew day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mpelechaty

Reaction score
So I have 4 lbs of wet hops coming on thursday. I have a recipe written up, but I would love to get some notes on it. I figure it will be a double IPA. Also, I have heard that a lb of wet hops is roughly 2.5 oz of dried. Is that correct?

5gal batch

Grist:
9.5 lb two row
1 lb munich
.75 lb caramel 60L
2 lb honey

Hops:
1/5 lb amarillo, simcoe, cascade, centennial@ 20, 15, 10, 5, 0 min

Beer Smith has this at OG: 1.078, 80 IBU, 8.2 SRM (maybe darker depending on honey), and around 9% fermented with WLP001.

I'll make a 1L starter then step it up to 2L and I'll mash at 152 finish around 1.011

Sorry if that is a little mixed up.

Cheers,
Michael J. Pelechaty

what site did you oreder your wet hops through? because at this point you can only pre-order wet hops through major sites right now. none of them have fresh 2012 havest hops shipping out right now. i have called 7 different companies, and all they carry right now if anything is 2011 that has been vacu-sealed and set in the fridge fore the last 10 or 11 months.

So I have thought about it, but if I wait to dry hop with the wet hops they will go bad so I think im going to strickly brew with them. and then do a 5 oz dry hop with 2 oz of simcoe, 1 oz of amarillo, 1 oz of centennial, and 1 oz of cascade.

I would like some input though since I haven't done this before.

Cheers,
Michael J. Pelechaty

Latest posts

Back