Hellhound On My Ale Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Artemisag

Reaction score
I really liked this beer in Delaware. I have searched the Forum relentlessly for a clone recipe. I haven’t ever formulated a recipe from scratch. It will be a 5 gallon finished batch. I know with 10% and 100 IBU I can use my DFH 90 recipe and be fairly close. The problem I have is the additions of lemon peel and flesh at flameout. I don’t have my clone for DFH 90 here at the office but its roughly 17.1 lbs of grain 15 of that is 2 row and 2.1 specialty then about 4-6 oz of hops. I may just wing it and throw about 3 lbs of lemon in at the whirlpool. Should I dry hop it? Any suggestions would be helpful.

I've never had this beer, so can't really help, other than to say 3 lbs of lemon sounds like a lot. When I've added lemon to beers before, its always been just the peel, dried and an ounce or so.

its a really good beer... We decided to open up our bottle after we kicked the kegs at a party around 2 am. lol... Not what you need at 2 am, but what the hell...

Let us know how it turns out

Back