MoreBeer oxygenation system cleaning question.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beerens

Reaction score
I just bought a Morebeer oxygenation set up and used it on my last porter. After using it I wanted to take it apart to clean it. There is a black hose attached to an air filter. I can not get the black hose off of the filter to clean and sanitize. I am about to cut it off:mad:. I have heard that filters are not necessary when using o2. Anyone out there have the same problem or any experience with not using a filter with pure o2?

I have the same setup and was able to get the filter off (not sure what that black tubing is, but you have to pull HARD). I keep the tubing connected to the stone, boil to sanitize, then attach to the filter to use. You could cut the filter off, then stretch the tubing to easily reattach.

For my sausage/meat processing equipment and smaller brewing equipment I use Everclear, which is 190 proof (95% grain) alcohol. Any mirco-organism it touches instantly dies and if you absorb some through the skin so what? It dries quickly from all surfaces leaving no residue. For your tubing it would be quick and easy. For the filter (which is not needed) simply run some through it. For a stone bubbler run it through the dishwasher to get the wort off it then immerse in Everclear. Pour some into a Coke, consume, and you'll feel much better about everything.
s

I don't use a filter with my pure oxygen system from Williams Brewing. Just hook the tube to the regulator and the rod, open the valve for 30 seconds, and I'm good to go. To clean it, I just put the stone in boiling water for a few minutes.

Back