Ok, Admit You Do It

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewsmith

Home brewing moogerfooger
Reaction score
So I'm brewing right now, I'm currently drinking a Stone Sublimely Self-righteous Ale from a growler fill and I'm a couple beers in on a New Year's Day. I just had the urge to go and instead of walking through the house in my new rubber boots, is just went behind the garage and drained the lizard. This is not the first time for me and I can't be alone. Any one else relieve themselves outdoors on brew day or any other time???

Doesn't seem strange, sometimes the deck out back at night is more handy than tromping all the flipp'n way to the bathroom!

Anyone have neighbors about 15 feet away? I wish I had a couple acres of property but I'm in the LA suburbs!

It's a very effective technique to clean any hop trub from a boilover off the driveway.

Unfortunatly, I'm in a new subdivision, so no trees to hide behind.

I live on 2 acres surrounded by folks with 25+ acres on the side of the Appalachian foothills. Needless to say I whip it out whenever and wherever the urge hits brew day or not. Doesn't everyone?

I've found a triangle of 3 large oak trees where I can't be seen from the road or any neighbors.
The grass is dead between those threes.

Ha, I do not have a big yard but my house is in a hilly area, it is up on a hill and one day I realized as I walked around looking for a good spot that there was NO PLACE on my house that was not visible from a neighbor's house or the street. Thank god for summertime foliage anyway. :mug:

There are some different drinking laws here in Germany. Here, as long as the driver is sober and not consuming, people can drink while in the car.

Well, on the way home one night, I had a few (the wife was driving) and by the time we got home I had to piss so bad that I just let loose on the outside of the house.

My wife (then GF) was not happy I just peed on her house :)

Since I live on densely treed acreage I have plenty of area to choose from. I generally go outdoors several times a day.

Going on a fishing trip with some friends once, riding in the back of a cab over camper, one of the guys had to go so he swung open the back door and managed to relieve himself without falling out. The road was badly washboarded so it was quite an accomplishment. It was night but he was clearly silhouetted by the headlights of the vehicle behind us.

I don't do it as often as I should. Sometimes while I'm working in the garage, and I don't want to have to take my shoes off and put them back on to go pee in the house, I just use the milk jug labeled URNL.

Couple of weeks ago my daughter was helping me weld new floor pans in my jeep and asked what was in the jug. I told her to read it. She says, "REALLY DAD??"

Actually, it's an experiment involving some information I found online on using urine to create an especially good tinder for catching sparks from flint and steel.

My mother would always say "That all of the outdoors is a man's bathroom".

Relieving oneself in the suburbs is an art form as well as a bit daring. I find that by placing some misc. material (scrap lumber, garbage cans, gardening posts, etc.) in an "L" shape fashion behind my 3rd garage stall blocks neighboring eyes. I even put up a sign up back there so my fellow homebrewers can make use of such an area when we get together at my house. :)

Redbeard5289

A buddy's wife actually encouraged me and the guys to do that once. The guys and i were sitting around in his outdoor hot tub, smoking cigars and drinking a couple different bourbons (and griping about our SWMBOs on the DL).

Maybe she just didn't want our cigar stinking arses traipsing through the house, dripping with hot tub water on our way to the bathroom?

A buddy's wife actually encouraged me and the guys to do that once. The guys and i were sitting around in his outdoor hot tub, smoking cigars and drinking a couple different bourbons (and griping about our SWMBOs on the DL).

Maybe she just didn't want our cigar stinking arses traipsing through the house, dripping with hot tub water on our way to the bathroom?

I've been known to stand up and pee out of the hot tub (never in it, don't want to sit and wallow in that) rather than get out and dry off.

When I was a kid our scout troop would go camping and the funnest part was all of us standing in a circle peeing on the fire to put it out. Now that I think about it, these days a scout leader encouraging all of his boys to stand in a circle and "pull it out" would land a guy in jail. All this time I was a victim and didn't know it.

A few years ago our trash was being raided by a big raccoon. My wife told me about it one night but it was too late to go to the store, so I told her I can only think of one thing to do. I walked outside and she followed me out curious to see what I would do. She was shocked to find me standing on the front porch peeing off the side onto the top of the trash can. "The neighbors are going to see you!" The raccoon didn't get our trash that night.

When I was a kid our scout troop would go camping and the funnest part was all of us standing in a circle peeing on the fire to put it out. Now that I think about it, these days a scout leader encouraging all of his boys to stand in a circle and "pull it out" would land a guy in jail. All this time I was a victim and didn't know it.

A few years ago our trash was being raided by a big raccoon. My wife told me about it one night but it was too late to go to the store, so I told her I can only think of one thing to do. I walked outside and she followed me out curious to see what I would do. She was shocked to find me standing on the front porch peeing off the side onto the top of the trash can. "The neighbors are going to see you!" The raccoon didn't get our trash that night.

I remember one guy in Boy Scouts peeing in the fire once. You could smell it throughout the entire site. I guess it's better than some of the other things we put in the fire.

Taking a leak outside? I live in the sticks with lots of trees 'n shrubs between me and my neighbors. If you're walking in my yard, chances are I've peed where you're standing.

I googled National Pee Outdoors day and got about 5 different days .. Feb, April, May ... but all agree that it is good for the environment and saves water. Go for it !!!

I grew up in the country and regularly pissed outside. Never realized it was a big deal until I went to college and started living "in the city."

Same here. Growing up, Dad always pissed in the yard whenever he was doing something outside instead of walking back inside the house, so I picked up the same habit. Never thought anything strange of it. Our neighbors weren't far (less than 100yds), but there was enough trees and brush in the way that our yard had good privacy.

I remember shortly after moving into my first apartment having to remind myself constantly that it was NOT okay to whizz in grass.... :drunk:

I live on a dead end road.Almost every time i go to wiz in the front yard a neighbor will come driving down the road.

I never even have to give a second thought when I'm outside. I just whip it out and go for it.

A friend of mine was here for New Years and not even thinking I whipped it out next to the garage. He starts laughing! He lives in a city apartment in Dallas. I told him I could never live their because I would have to do it outside, been doing it my whole life!

There are only a few feelings that can compare to a slight warm breeze swaying the short and curlies!! Just watch for splash back around the shoes and pant cuffs lol!!

I don't do it as often as I should. Sometimes while I'm working in the garage, and I don't want to have to take my shoes off and put them back on to go pee in the house, I just use the milk jug labeled URNL.

The kids these days do something very similar but a little different. they put a nice log in the bottle first and then the juice, cover tightly with a lid with hole, attach a balloon to the hole and after a few hours, inhale the vapours!!! They call it "Poo Hash", thats a true story lol, couldn't make that up if I wanted to lol!

The kids these days do something very similar but a little different. they put a nice log in the bottle first and then the juice, cover tightly with a lid with hole, attach a balloon to the hole and after a few hours, inhale the vapours!!! They call it "Poo Hash", thats a true story lol, couldn't make that up if I wanted to lol!

I'll stick to smoking drugs, thanks for the tip though.

I live in a cul de sac, with a county highway bordering my back yard. So it's tricky, and I usually have to wait for cover of darkness (and a keen eye for headlights coming down the road), but it's an experience standing in the back yard next to your dog, both peeing on opposite sides of the same tree.

Latest posts

Back