Island beers for the 4th of July!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PorterGlenn

Reaction score
I currently live in Colorado but grew up in Toledo area and come back every year on the 4th of July to get together with the family on Middle Bass Island (the island next to Put-in-Bay)

Since there is no beer store on the island I have to bring a weeks worth of beer with me when I go and wanted to ask what some of the local favorites are.

I like IPA's and pale ales, but since I will be doing alot of drinking in the sun and for extended periods of time lighter beers are good too, pilsners, ales, sessions, whit's, hefe's, maybe a saison?

Any suggestions are greatly appriciated as otherwise I basically just guess what might be good at the beer and wine store Corks (on the Perrysburg/Rossford line over by Home Depot and Meijer's, and there may be a Target over there?

Thanks!!!

I really like the Great Lakes Brewery beers. Its out of Cleveland but I know their beer is all over northern Ohio. I've had a couple from Maumee Bay and they have been hit or miss for me. I just tried their Kolsch at a recent Mudhens game and didn't care for it, although I suspect the off flavor I was getting may have been dirty draft lines.

The Andersons on Sylvania Ave has a great selection of beer and has mix and match 6 packs.

I agree Great Lakes is incredible, buy some GL Lake Erie Monster and give that a try or Dortmunder gold if you get a chance.

Latest posts

Back