just a question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cajun_wine07

Reaction score
alright so i have a question. I started my batch of strawberry wine today at lunch and by 5:30pm it was already bubbling. is that going to be a problem? my last batch took about 24-30hrs to start bubbling. I dont know whether to be excited or worried about it haha

alright so i have a question. I started my batch of strawberry wine today at lunch and by 5:30pm it was already bubbling. is that going to be a problem? my last batch took about 24-30hrs to start bubbling. I dont know whether to be excited or worried about it haha

You're probally at a warm temp, which makes for very active yeast. Be careful, because very active yeast throw off more esters and phenols (aromas and flavors) which may, or may not enhance your wine.

I ferment in the mid to high 60's / low 70's for many of my wines. I think temp is different for many wines. Whites and fruits I like to do @ lower temps, and reds I do in the low 70's.

Good luck with your strawberry wine! :)

well im making it from frozen concentrated juice and i did mix my yeast a little warm this time. Did i maybe rush it too much?

Back