BEST movie scene EVER

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheezydemon3

Reaction score
The Abyss is a solid movie, but the suspense and creative awesomenes in this scene is unmatched IMHO.

No muscle bound shirtless *****ebags or fiery explosions, this is how AWESOME is done with style. It is a little long, but the scene involves several independant occurances of increasingly dire situations.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mGtQqAY4fHo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The ORIGINAL "Thomas Crown Affair" movie with Steve McQueen and Faye Dunaway...the chess-playing scene, when the camera goes COMPLETELY around the two of them numerous times.

And...

The eating scene in "Tom Jones." WOW!

glenn514:mug:

The ORIGINAL "Thomas Crown Affair" movie with Steve McQueen and Faye Dunaway...the chess-playing scene, when the camera goes COMPLETELY around the two of them numerous times.

And...

The eating scene in "Tom Jones." WOW!

glenn514:mug:

Long shots without cuts are amazing. The final scene in Big Night (great movie) is one long scene without a single cut, lots of things happening, just amazing.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tqccyUpnZwA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is my all time favorite, all dialog...love it.

I couldn't find a video, but the opening scene of Silverado with Scott Glen.

The Baldwin clips are great!

passedpawn said:
Long shots without cuts are amazing. The final scene in Big Night (great movie) is one long scene without a single cut, lots of things happening, just amazing.

Check out Children of Men, lots of really amazing camera work. Highly under rated movie IMHO.

I'll be honest, I haven't seen the movie! Just that clip - I've been told that the rest of the movie is not as good as that clip.

So many good movies. Abyss is an excellent suspense flick and the effects were, IMHO, excellent. Not over the top, not cheesy but helped to tell the story perfectly.

1: movie is good. It's a play adapted to the screen, so it's mostly dialog in a single setting.

2: the clip was posted in post #3 above.
doh!

The inline youtube linkage wasn't working when I originally posted! :p

Good taste though!

Hard to beat!

"That creep can roll man"

Last edited by a moderator:
How about every scene Rodney dangerfield was in on Caddyshack? With so many funny people in that movie nobody owned more than dangerfield, and I can't imagine any movie is quoted more. His first scene where he goes through the pro shop is pitch perfect.

How about every scene Rodney dangerfield was in on Caddyshack? With so many funny people in that movie nobody owned more than dangerfield, and I can't imagine any movie is quoted more. His first scene where he goes through the pro shop is pitch perfect.

Absolutely! but......GREAT scenes are rare, but not that rare.

Guess I was pointing out my ABSOLUTE pinnacle scene........but.......since we done went there......

Just about ALL of ALIENS rocked my world. Too many scenes to mention.

Pretty sure they pioneered and perfected the "helmet" cam in that movie, to show multiple perspectives, especially in a scary darkenvironment.

Now when a movie has everyone with a camera on their hat my mind cries foul.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Zq9s-dnMCM0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Homercidal said:
Bookstore Scene in Top Secret!

YES!!!

And

(1) The famous Ashe/chestburster scene in Alien

(2) Frederick meets Igor in Young Frankenstein

(3) The opening storming Normandy scene in Private Ryan

(4) The first time you see the T-1000 melt into liquid in Terminator 2

(5) Luke goes berserk and kicks Darth Vader's ass at the end of Jedi.

Great thread, Cheesy - thanks for starting!
I haven't seen The Abyss since it came out - I'm going to have to watch that one again!

Back