Good place to get beer off I95 in GA, SC or NC?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan_PA

Reaction score
Driving home from FL on Sat and need to get a few cases of fat tire for my boss. Any suggestions that are right near an exit?

Gators, pythons and Cubans...may the best man win!!! :rockin:;)

If memory serves me correctly the cheapest place to buy gas is the 1st exit in GA...as you leave FL, not SC...:D I don't recall a beer store, well one with a good selection anyway...;)

You'll be driving right past Savannah and Brunswick, I would imagine that one of those places would have a decent liquor store.

A quick search and it looks like http://www.habershambeverage.com/index.htm would probably have fat tire. It's all over GA these days... even local grocery stores carry it.

Your best bets are probably either Savanah or Richmond. Between those two cites 96 is all back woods and small towns - seriously.

South Carolina is starting to carry it now, and as I-95 intersects I-20, you're right at Florence, SC - with several options at that major intersection. Don't remember a liquor store, but grocery or convenience will probably carry it.

Stop at Kingsland GA there is a good store past Wally World, it was ran by Big John. He use to have good beers in the cooler. Haven't been there in a few years though. Brunswick doesn't have much to offer in the line of craft beers, been 1.5 years since I was there.

I GOT IT!!!! How about the homebrewers allong I95 offer up some beers along your trip? You collect beers all kinds of beers, and meet fellow brewers. How cool is that?

Back