University Homebrewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jyeary90

Reaction score
Hey everybody just wanted to introduce myself, my name is Justin and I am currently a pure mathematics and philosophy student at the University of Toledo in Ohio, US who has taken a great interest in home brewing. I actually brewed my first beer this Sunday. I bought a Brewers Best starter kit for an Imperial Pale Ale (my personal favorite style of beer) and I am really impressed because it's my first time brewing and I actually got the beer to ferment and I don't think I screwed anythin up!

Welcome Justin. I also started brewing at university. I was in my junior year and still enjoying dorm life in the basement. As a "cellar dweller", we enjoyed staying out of sight and out of mind of most folks. I set up apretty nice gig using the communal kitchen and managed a few decent extract brews before the authotisites asked me nicely to stop.

Keep it up (and your studies ;))

Welcome Justin. I also started brewing at university. I was in my junior year and still enjoying dorm life in the basement. As a "cellar dweller", we enjoyed staying out of sight and out of mind of most folks. I set up apretty nice gig using the communal kitchen and managed a few decent extract brews before the authotisites asked me nicely to stop.

Keep it up (and your studies ;))

I live in my own apartment so no worries about getting busted by an RA!

Welcome to HBT! I started brewing in college too. My roomates always got pissed about the swamp coolers in the kitchen, all of my equipment in the closets and the smell of brew day. They sure didn't hesitate to drink my beer though...

I'm a brewer currently residing at the University of Dayton. Unfortunately the real world calls in about 3 months.

Welcome to HBT! I'm a philosophy student at the University of British Columbia. Hope all goes well, and remember: RELAX, DON'T WORRY, HAVE A HOME BREW!

I'm a brewer currently residing at the University of Dayton. Unfortunately the real world calls in about 3 months.

Don't worry. You probably won't be able to find a job. That means the real world isn't ready for you yet!

Hey everybody just wanted to introduce myself, my name is Justin and I am currently a pure mathematics and philosophy student at the University of Toledo in Ohio, US who has taken a great interest in home brewing. I actually brewed my first beer this Sunday. I bought a Brewers Best starter kit for an Imperial Pale Ale (my personal favorite style of beer) and I am really impressed because it's my first time brewing and I actually got the beer to ferment and I don't think I screwed anythin up!

Well then you might be interested as to why calling it an "Imperial" Pale ale is incorrect both historically (in more ways than 1) and stylistically.

;)

Unfortunately I know this way too well.

I've got a couple friends who have ended up in grad school because they couldn't get a job. In the end this should put them in a great position. Hopefully, by the time they finish up things will be turned around. If not, we'll all be screwed by then.

I've got a couple friends who have ended up in grad school because they couldn't get a job. In the end this should put them in a great position. Hopefully, by the time they finish up things will be turned around. If not, we'll all be screwed by then.

Very true and that is something I have looked into as well. Fortunately, I have been pretty much 90% through the interview process with a company and I think it is going well. With any luck I can get the job and start making money instead of just spending it.

Back