limoncello inspired blonde

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elixir

Reaction score
My wife wanted to enter a beer competition and wanted a beer that had limoncello like characteristics. Went to my local hb store and bought the grist and combined it all in a bag. Recipe is as follows

10 pounds 2 row
1 # crystal 10
1/2 # gambrinus honey malt
6 oz carapils

Hops

1 oz williamette 60 mins
1 oz sorachi ace 15 mins
Fresh Lemon peel 10 min
Dry hop 1 oz sorachi ace 7 days

Mash 154 60 mins
Batch sparge 170

What does everyone think? This should be interesting. I will post pic and results..

Lemony. I might've gone exclusively with S. ace on this one but it should be fine. Stone's 16th anniversary uses lemon verbana and lemon oil for that lemony taste.

Here is the finished product, the beer is way to hoppy and way darker than a blonde so I call it a lemon pale ale now, changed the recipe and instead of sorachi for aroma i moved them to 30 mins. I put lemon zest in the boil at 30 mins and lemon zest and peel with some pulp attached at 10 mins. Pours a light red color, aroma is nice and hoppy with slight notes of lemon and other citrus fruits. Taste follows suit along with an interesting toasted breadiness and very slightly sour from the lemon pulp..

CAM00004.jpg

Back