2x Mango IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

techbrewie

Reaction score
Hey all,
So this is the first recipe I created when i hit the point that kits just didn't cut it for what I wanted, so ive got some sentimental value here. Anyways I've been doing some fine tuning and getting ready for another go at it. The inspiration came from my two favorite IPA's, Deschutes Hop Henge and The Empyrean Mango IPA(no longer in production). It was fairly bitter before, but I wanted to step it up into the 90+ ibu range and a more pronounce hop presence(10oz total). Also the last time i made this i had some issues with yeast. thinking about making a yeast cake for this one, although I'm still debating on the yeast I want to use.

Input on the hop schedule and yeast would be much appreciated. Heres the link.

http://www.brewtoad.com/recipes/2x-mango-ipa

Not sure how the fresh mango will turn out as I've never tried that before, but your base recipe looks very solid. Brew it and let us know how it turns out

Thanks! I've never put 10 oz of hops in any beer before, so I'm a little scared and excited all in one. Brewing this one the moment Citra and Amarillo are available again. Signed up with Midwest and NB to be notified :p They're available on Ebay from the 2011-2012 season, but I'm not sure how legit that is.

Back