Just tasted my first batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Badger454

Reaction score
I just tried a bottle of my first batch - an Irish red ale kit, and man was it good!:rockin: I was expecting it to be flat, watery, caramelized, astringent, full of off-flavors but it proved me wrong.

After I took that first sip i was so happy I almost cried. But I didn't want the tears to ruin the beer so i held them back. (Sounds like a country song).

But anyway. At least now I can finally know what it feels like to RDWHAHB.:mug:

congrats on the success. My first batch finished up 2 months ago and it was a success, not that it was perfect. I say success cause i strongly believe you learn best when you screw up. I learned good lessons in aeration, yeast starters, and priming. The brew was still very drinkable.

enough about me and mine. congrats again and best of luck with future batches

Stop now before you take over several rooms in the house, not that anything like that will happen;)

I wish that were possible but the house is too small. For now I am confined to the laundry room. Just big enough for a couple fermenters and some bottles. Also makes it hard to control the temp which is why I wasn't expecting much from the first batch. I love being proven wrong..... ok maybe not, but when it comes to beer I'll make an exception.

I glad you are pleased with the first batch. Better get started on the next one because they go down fast. What do you plan to brew next?

Stop now before you take over several rooms in the house, not that anything like that will happen;)

Oh yeah, that could never happen... just ask SWMBO!
Congrats on the success of your first brew... I just hope you know what you've gotten yourself in to now. You'll be insulating the laundry room, "but honey,I just want you to be more comfortable when you're working in there, I swear!" , running dedicated 240v circuits.... having "stuff"delivered to your work.... Well, you get the idea,and don't say I didn't warn ya!

Well, it sounds like your well on the road to this addiction. Congratulations on making a beer you can kick back and enjoy, and keep that pipeline full.

Back