Crayons and glue stick bottle wax works!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garrett

Reaction score
I melted 20 small glue gun sticks and 10 black crayola crayons with 1 ounce of paraffin wax in an old soup can and got great results!

image-2294737282.jpg

image-132672936.jpg

Other than looking kind of cool what is the purpose of the wax toppers? I suppose you could do different colors for different brews huh?

Travestian said:
Other than looking kind of cool what is the purpose of the wax toppers? I suppose you could do different colors for different brews huh?

Just nice presentation when I give the beers to my friends. It's a Quad, that will age for 6 months in the bottle.

Nice.

I've done it before too, but with the addition of a piece of dental floss to help with removing the wax prior to opening the bottle.

Tie a piece of dental floss around the neck, loop one (long) end over the cap to the other side of the bottle then wax.

This way you can use the "string" to easily pry off the wax.

Nice.

I've done it before too, but with the addition of a piece of dental floss to help with removing the wax prior to opening the bottle.

Tie a piece of dental floss around the neck, loop one (long) end over the cap to the other side of the bottle then wax.

This way you can use the "string" to easily pry off the wax.

Cool, thanks for the tip! I did a test run first and let it cure a couple hours then took the cap off and it wasn't too bad.

Back