Facebook ads

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I play a game on Facebook, and occasionally I look over at the sidebar ads. Many of mine are in Spanish, but TxBrew mentioned that since I spend time in S. Texas, that my IP address probably indicates that I'm perhaps not a native English speaker.

but this one today cracked me up:

Aprende Inglés Gratis!
facebook.englishtown.com
Mejora Tu Inglés Hoy ¡TOTALMENTE GRATIS! El Único Curso En Línea Con El Que Si Aprendes INSCRÍBETE HOY AQUÍ

You know, I'd really like to better my English. If I can do it for free, that would be great. :p

Yeah, your grasp of the English language is kind of lacking. I didn't want to mention anything though. :p

Yeah, your grasp of the English language is kind of lacking. I didn't want to mention anything though. :p

I know! I didn't do very well in EN509, getting an A-, nor did I do as well as I had hoped in EN420. To be fair, though, Shakespearian literature is more difficult than some other courses.

But I certainly was not aware that Facebook knew about those A-s!

Good thing my Spanish is pretty decent, so that I can learn better English, in Spanish! :D

She can speak Japanese, in Hindi. She is, the woman most likely to have an avatar of a man in the world.

She is, the woman most likely to have an avatar of a man in the world.

That is no mortal man, you know! I mean, it's Tom Waits.

It's not like it's just some random guy who just looks like me. That's Red Green.

Sometimes my avatar is Red Green, but more often it's Tom Waits. Who, again, is no regular mortal.

(Ah, I'm drinking Hopslam and just re-read my post. I guess I can use those free English lessons after all!). :drunk:

Yooper said:
That is no mortal man, you know! I mean, it's Tom Waits.

It's not like it's just some random guy who just looks like me. That's Red Green.

Sometimes my avatar is Red Green, but more often it's Tom Waits. Who, again, is no regular mortal.

(Ah, I'm drinking Hopslam and just re-read my post. I guess I can use those free English lessons after all!). :drunk:

I called my dad in Detroit to see about bringing some hopslam straight from the brewery to Chicago when they come this weekend. Its $18 for a six pack! I decided to pass. Bells prices seem to be all over the place for the past few years. Two Hearted used to be $13-$14 now it's about $11. Never understood that.

forstmeister said:
I called my dad in Detroit to see about bringing some hopslam straight from the brewery to Chicago when they come this weekend. Its $18 for a six pack! I decided to pass. Bells prices seem to be all over the place for the past few years. Two Hearted used to be $13-$14 now it's about $11. Never understood that.

My dad just brought me a six pack from Chicago. It is pretty pricey, but I've never had it before so I had to try it. Goes down very easy for 10% ABV.

Yooper said:
I paid $14.99 in Wisconsin for the Hopslam. Last year, it was $12.99 I think.

It's almost $17 in Chicago. I couldn't believe it was more in Kalamazoo.

I paid $14.99 in Wisconsin for the Hopslam. Last year, it was $12.99 I think.

Same here with the Hopslam and facebook is just becoming Adbook. I get Spam postings from Facebook more and more everyday. Wal-mart must have given FB a lot of money, because most of the time I log onto FB I get a Wal-Mart like post, plus many other games and large companies.

Cheers

I think you really should improve your knowledge of the English language, because well, Facebook said so. A- is for Texans who only think they speak English. :p

I think you really should improve your knowledge of the English language, because well, Facebook said so. A- is for Texans who only think they speak English. :p

Ha, but I do speak a little San Antonio, even though we don't go there!

One of my dearest friends lives in SA, but has a house on the coast in our neighborhood.

Honest, he has me saying "Bueno bye!"

The Spanglish is amazing. :D

Back