The Walking dead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd rather have the gas for cars. Think of how effective a car would be against zombies. I'd spend most of my time in a big effin' truck mowing them down!

Would it be possible to make a flame thrower of sorts out of a propane tank or something, it would be heavy as hell but you'd have to think lots of them sitting on unoccupied decks around towns. Could you strap a CO2 tank with a propane tank, with a dual regulator on to help propel the gas further without diluting the propane?
How could you convert your brewing equipment into zombie killing equipment? The only thing in my closet is a .38 special revolver, and maybe a few kitchen knives so I'll need to be resourceful.

Would a flamethrower be hot enough to melt the brain or muscle tissue to keep it from chomping on you?

Call of Duty Style

A belt of tactical throwing knives, a few grenades, a sawnoff shotgon attached to my leg, a handgun and an Assault Rifle w/suppressors is the way to go. Steel toe boots with a knife at the tip would also be nice. I also would not be wearing a tank top and jeans. Gotta be smarter with the clothing choices people.

You should be quick on your feet so heavy weapons aren't the way to go. And you better be damn good with a Bow if that's your choice... The one shot limit and slow reload bothers me.

... What would really be cool is an Assault-Style Solar-Powered Laser Gun / Rail Gun that does not require ammo refills. Sort of like the one they use in that Arnold S. movie, Eraser, but better.

MK-19 Auto grenade launcher and .50 for ranging of course. 10/22 and what the hell a .500/ 1911 for backup.

Would it be possible to make a flame thrower of sorts out of a propane tank or something, it would be heavy as hell but you'd have to think lots of them sitting on unoccupied decks around towns. Could you strap a CO2 tank with a propane tank, with a dual regulator on to help propel the gas further without diluting the propane?
How could you convert your brewing equipment into zombie killing equipment? The only thing in my closet is a .38 special revolver, and maybe a few kitchen knives so I'll need to be resourceful.

Would a flamethrower be hot enough to melt the brain or muscle tissue to keep it from chomping on you?

I think flame throwers spray the gas then ignite it. I'm not sure propane could be sprayed like that. You could make a mean torch though!

Can I just say, that while I might be a liberal from New York, I guarentee you that I would have hit that Walker with the compound bow on at least the second try. Cutie Trucker Hat Girl should draw some other duty.

Finally!! The second amendment makes sense!

This proves that zombies are a force that unite people from all different political leanings and a bringer of peace among men! ;)

This proves that zombies are a force that unite people from all different political leanings and a bringer of peace among men! ;)

So, if you were to have access to some kind of toxic chemical or something that could in fact create hordes of zombies, then you could be an evil mastermind and a nobel peace prize winner the same time?

Instead of a wall, why not have a wall AND a moat of flammable liquids? You could even use methanol if needbe. Panic button is you put a cigarette lighter to a trail of the stuff, and it ignites the walkers stuck in a 4' deep trench...

Instead of a wall, why not have a wall AND a moat of flammable liquids? You could even use methanol if needbe. Panic button is you put a cigarette lighter to a trail of the stuff, and it ignites the walkers stuck in a 4' deep trench...

Most flammable liquids are quite volatile and would not last very long in the moat waiting to be lit up. Plus who wants to dig a 4' deep moat around a compound when there is plenty of other work to do. :)

One thing that always bugged me was that they lured all those zombies in the jail and stabbed them through the fence. Why didn't they do a daily sweep of the exterior fence and kill the walkers there without issues? Or do the same thing inside...just lure them to the chosen fence and stab away through the fences?

A moat should work well but if they don't have the heavy equipment, digging it could be a multi generation project with the amount of manpower they have.

If they have an excavator, the side cast material could be used to strengthen any walls against non zombies invaders.

Methanol would evaporate fast so your zombie moat would work for a week or so. I would go corrosive such as hydrochloric, floric, sulfuric acid or sodium methlyate

One thing that always bugged me was that they lured all those zombies in the jail and stabbed them through the fence. Why didn't they do a daily sweep of the exterior fence and kill the walkers there without issues? Or do the same thing inside...just lure them to the chosen fence and stab away through the fences?

deterrent; make outsiders think the prison is still overrun

I have a problem with leaving ANY zombies still walking. Dale got bit by the one Carl didn't kill. every walker you don't dispatch has the potential to infect more at a geometric rate. quicker you kill them off, the fewer fresh ones pop up and eventually the infection will run its course

BTW was I the only one excited to see that the head of the newcomers into the prison was none other than legendary muscle "Cutty" from the Wire?

A moat should work well but if they don't have the heavy equipment, digging it could be a multi generation project with the amount of manpower they have.

If they have an excavator, the side cast material could be used to strengthen any walls against non zombies invaders.

I think with heavy equipment one could make a decent moat and fill it with plain old water and some flesh-eating fish. The walkers in TWD seem to exhibit some intelligence but I think any walker dumb enough to fall in would be dispatched by the fish. Add a draw-bridge and boom you've got a castle.

I think with heavy equipment one could make a decent moat and fill it with plain old water and some flesh-eating fish. The walkers in TWD seem to exhibit some intelligence but I think any walker dumb enough to fall in would be dispatched by the fish. Add a draw-bridge and boom you've got a castle.

I man eating fish might be hard to come by where they are, but in the southwest alligators might be good. Unless eating zombies made them into gator zombies! That could be bad.

I think in the middle ages the moats were full of stagnant water a lot of the time.
People trying to invade would be susceptible to disease or at least life threatening infection in battle wounds.
That would be helpful in defending against other survivors who tried to overrun your base camp.

I figured gators would be good though idk how Georgia is in the winter. Id choose them in Florida though.

I originally didn't think twice about this series, a zombie apocalypse is so outlandish I wouldn't waste my time. But since HBT talked so much about it, I gave it a look. Now I'm hooked!

Things that I find the most entertaining about this series:

1) They don't hesitate to dispatch "main" characters.
2) They don't hesitate to introduce new characters.
3) They are willing the change the location often to keep it fresh.
4) Back episodes are readily available on the web, netflix, torrents, etc.
5) Characters are available to talk about the back story & educate ME thru "Talking about the Walking Dead"

I've just watched the latest Dexter, which I also enjoy. For a show firmly set in the real world, that show requires a LOT more suspension of disbelief than TWD

I'm telling you corrosive moat would be a magical wonder of zombie killing potential where you could watching zombies melt like the wicked witch of the west

I'm telling you corrosive moat would be a magical wonder of zombie killing potential where you could watching zombies melt like the wicked witch of the west

I like this idea, too. I used to play a lot of Minecraft and had great pleasure digging moats to fill with lava.

I finally sat down to watch this season, when I had 8 eps on the DVR.. I had avoided this thread like a plage. I nerd raged pretty hard upon finishing the eight and seeing that new episodes return in Feb.

I've just watched the latest Dexter, which I also enjoy. For a show firmly set in the real world, that show requires a LOT more suspension of disbelief than TWD

Crazy thing about that show: Michael C. Hall (Dex) and Jennifer Carpenter (Deb) were married in real life until he cheated on her with Julia Stiles (Lumen from Season 5) while they were working together that season. Makes the relationship between the two characters in subsequent seasons feel like diabolical writers who hate Jennifer.

Crazy thing about that show: Michael C. Hall (Dex) and Jennifer Carpenter (Deb) were married in real life until he cheated on her with Julia Stiles (Lumen from Season 5) while they were working together that season. Makes the relationship between the two characters in subsequent seasons feel like diabolical writers who hate Jennifer.
I don't watch Dexter but after a couple quick Google searches I've decided I'd have done the same as Michael C. Hall.

rifraf said:

Here I was thinking he was just a gay undertaker...

Dexter is another great show!

ForumRunner_20121207_133409.png

Funny yeah, but dang! First having to explain that there is no tooth fairy and then zombie snowmen? We parents sure have our work cut out for us :)

F... Me!!! Why did it have to stop until Feb!!! I just rolled through a bunch of episodes online and am now anger writing this because it is done. Well, I've heard the TV show is only a loose adaptation of the comic books but it looks like it could possibly be time to shell out damn near $60 for the first two compilations. Or wait, isn't that what Christmas is for!!! Oh sweet Jesus, to celebrate your birth I will ask for these for Christmas to celebrate how you died and came back as a zombie!

I'm not going to bother reading through all 135 pages of this thread thus far but have the comics been discussed at all?

F... Me!!! Why did it have to stop until Feb!!! o celebrate how you died and came back as a zombie!

I'm not going to bother reading through all 135 pages of this thread thus far but have the comics been discussed at all?

A) Yeah, WTF is a half season finale!! They get to have TWO finales in one season!? Oxybloodymorons!

B) Yes. The comics have been discussed, but not too much because I think the people talking about them seemed to think we were making fun of the comic book readers.....But we were'nt, honestly. I like their input.

Back