Good beginner book?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TxBrew

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I bought my wife all the parts to start making wine but the book I picked up is not well written. Any suggestions on a real popular book to pick up on the subject.

The Alaskan Bootlegger's Bible is a well written book on how to make beer's and wines, plus how to make your own equipment if your good with tools and have extra materials on hand. It has lot's of recipes and is easy to read and understand. My wife bought it for me because she didn't think I'd actually begin brewing, but i got my first batch of beer running 3 weeks ago. :D

The book is
The Alaskan Bootlegger's Bible
Leon W. Kania
Happy Mountain Publications

it's here on Amozon new or used
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0967452406/qid=1116745286/sr=8-1/ref=pd_csp_1/103-6613665-0681435?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

I got 'First Steps In Winemaking' by C.J.J Berry and found it very easy to understand and there is also many recipies for every month of the year. The book has sold over 1 Million copies world wide.

I can second Stuarts recommendation First Steps by C JJ Berry is still regarded as the "Bible" of home winemaking all over the world and up to now has sold over 3 million copies worldwide if you havent got it yet then make it a priority.

Another excellent book is The Art of Making Wine by Betty Sampson which includes more modern recipes for the beginner and advanced winemaker.

:)

Back