what kind of porter should i brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juggaleo

Reaction score
I've got some wlp002 coming out of an ESB and id like to use it for a porter.. I'm a fan of Sam Adams holiday porter but not so much of a vanilla porter fan... Any suggestions?

It's out of season, but revvy's pumpkin porter (from his partigyle recipe) is outstanding. Maybe a coconut porter to celebrate the spring into summer time of year.

In the recipe section, there is EdWort's Bee Cave Porter, I just tapped it and it's amazing.

I'd do a regular (not spiced or anything) robust porter. I love them, and I'd do something like Edmund Fitzgerald by Great Lakes. That's one of the "gold standards" of robust porters, and everybody likes that one.

That's the edmund fitzgerald clone in the porter recipe section? You guys think all of the above would be ok with the wlp002?

I think it would be ok, I find 002 a little fruitier ester profile so I'd shoot for low end fermentation temps

Back