American style wheat beer and dry hopping

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedneckGreenCard

Reaction score
Yo. So I'm planning on doing an all grain batch of an american style wheat beer and I'm probably gonna dry hop the thing. I'm looking for something a little less piny and with more of a citrus type thing going on. Any recommendations?

The Japanese Sorachi has a reputation for a good, citrus fragrance that's suited to a wheat beer. But, if it's an American wheat you're aiming for, Amarillo, Cascade, or Centennial should see you right, I'd have thought. Now that I think of it, Magnum might be quite good, too.

Thought you'd want to give chinook a miss because it supposedly has a bit of a pine aroma in the profile. But yes. It really depends on what you can get your hands on. :mug:

+1 on Sorachi or Citra
Also, if you can gget hold of any Glacier or Amarillo they would be great

I'm heading down to pick up my ingredients today. I know my local store has very limited selection of whole or leaf hops. I've never used pellets for dry hopping. Is that okay? Or should I just order hops online?

I love Citra and Amarillo in a beer like this and actually just brewed my all citra and amarillo hopped wheat ipa and cant wait to try this version of it.

I recently made a beer like this and dry-hopped with 2 oz. of homegrown Cascade and sliced one lemon and one orange in wheels and added that, too--it came out really refreshing and citrusy, definitely something I would do again.

*cough* cracked coriander is nice, too, for a citrusy flavor, in wheat beers. Add a little chamomile for complexity - but just a little!

Latest posts

Back