Poll: 12/21/2012 Apocalypse Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you going to make an Apocalypse Beer 12/21/2012 multiple choice allowed

• No, I don't believe in it.

• No, I can't be bothered.

• Maybe, but it won't really happen

• Maybe, It doesn't really matter

• Yes, for fun

• Yes, We're doomed

• A small beer for a party - fun time, no end of the world

• A big beer to be so wasted I will not know it happened

Results are only viewable after voting.
I was thinking of something really big. 1.111? Would like to do a 1.221, get it December 21st! 3 gallon starter, ferment from July to September, bottle condition to about December 10, cool til Dec 19. Start drinking until I don't care whether the world ends or not.

Maybe I am already too late?

I already did and didn't even know it...

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...98G8Aw&usg=AFQjCNHyj39LjP_2n3xSG9_C2-mMTWgF8w

I have a book from '94 that uses the same date. Brew a beer but don't expect to die while drinking it;)

Unrelated to the beer question, but I suspect that this common error has to do with the lack of the year Zero in our current calendar. The Current "cycle" of the Mayan long count calendar crosses over from BC to AD in ours, and normally when counting on a number line one would count the number zero as an increment.

As our calendar system went directly from the year 1 BC to the year 1 AD, thus skipping a year, it would be easy to forget to account for this difference of one year in the predicted end of the Mayan Long Count Calendar.

Of course, this is total speculation.....and the whole end of the world this is BS anyway :)

I'm just going to buy a bottle of

Ommegang%20Ommegedon%20-%20Cropped.jpg

snowveil said:
Unrelated to the beer question, but I suspect that this common error has to do with the lack of the year Zero in our current calendar. The Current "cycle" of the Mayan long count calendar crosses over from BC to AD in ours, and normally when counting on a number line one would count the number zero as an increment.

As our calendar system went directly from the year 1 BC to the year 1 AD, thus skipping a year, it would be easy to forget to account for this difference of one year in the predicted end of the Mayan Long Count Calendar.

Of course, this is total speculation.....and the whole end of the world this is BS anyway :)

You'd think someone studying ancient calendars would have that knowledge. And it's a year and 3 days...I would check my math before declaring the end of the world;)

Sorry to derail this. I do hope I'm drinking a beer when my time comes though.

Back