Starting my keezer build tonight

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GRHunter

Reaction score
I went out last night and bought a new mitre saw along with most of the materials I'll need for my keezer build. Having read a gazillion kegerator\keezer build threads I think I'm pretty much all set to start building tonight. One thing I am having second thoughts about is storing my CO2 tank inside the 7.2 chest freezer. From my initial layouts the CO2 tank and regulator just seem to clutter up the inside too much. I am thinking that I will build a shelf on the side and then run a single line into my 4 way manifold on the inside. The other upside to this is that it will make it easier to monitor the volume and regulate the CO2 pressure. I'm pretty confident that I want to do this because of the reasons stated above. But it seems like everyone else has their CO2 on the inside so I just wanted to check to make sure that I'm not missing something obvious that will cause me problems down the road.

If you're mounting a manifold inside, you still won't be able to regulate pressures from the outside :D Unless you just mean a 4way splitter and not 4 regulators. I have a 7.2 and my 5lber sits on the hump out of the way. Who cares if it;s a little cluttered inside, How often do you switch out kegs.

I keep my CO2 tank inside because my keezer is in my family room. I tried to make mine look as nice as I could so the SWMBO would be OK with it. Therefore, the tank on the outside just wasn't gonna happen. In my frigidaire 7.2 I have a 10# tank and 5 cornies. It's a tight fit, but workable.

If you're mounting a manifold inside, you still won't be able to regulate pressures from the outside :D Unless you just mean a 4way splitter and not 4 regulators. I have a 7.2 and my 5lber sits on the hump out of the way. Who cares if it;s a little cluttered inside, How often do you switch out kegs.

I think it's called a manifold. It splits the line into 4 nipples and there is a on\off lever for each nipple. But I thought that I would still be able to see the pressure on my regultaor (the thing with the dial and pressure gauges). Plus, I could just lift the CO2 tank now and then to see if it's getting empty.

I keep my CO2 tank inside because my keezer is in my family room. I tried to make mine look as nice as I could so the SWMBO would be OK with it. Therefore, the tank on the outside just wasn't gonna happen. In my frigidaire 7.2 I have a 10# tank and 5 cornies. It's a tight fit, but workable.

Wow, I can only fit 3 cornies in mine. I could probably fit a 5# CO2 tank and a 3 gallon corny on the hump. But mine has a lot of room at the top. I could have skipped the collar altother but I really didn't want to use a tower.

I think it's called a manifold. It splits the line into 4 nipples and there is a on\off lever for each nipple. But I thought that I would still be able to see the pressure on my regultaor (the thing with the dial and pressure gauges). Plus, I could just lift the CO2 tank now and then to see if it's getting empty.

Your understanding is right - if you have a simple manifold with shut offs and not individual regs, you will be able to control the pressure from the tank regulator. :mug:

Wow, I can only fit 3 cornies in mine. I could probably fit a 5# CO2 tank and a 3 gallon corny on the hump. But mine has a lot of room at the top. I could have skipped the collar altother but I really didn't want to use a tower.

I have three cornies in the bottom with the 10# CO2 tank and 2 cornies on the hump. I have a 10" collar so no problems with clearance on the hump.

Latest posts

Back