2010 National Homebrewers Conference - Minneapolis

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobby_M

Vendor and Brewer
HBT Sponsor
Reaction score
Ok, it's over 6 months away but I don't care. I booked my flight and hotel already so I want to know who else is going.

I was psyched to be able to use onepass miles to cover the $370 ticket from Newark. The buddy I'm going with has the room covered with Starwood points. This is shaping up to be a great trip already.

Not to be a skeptic or anything, but I find it a little hard to swallow that they'd come back to California after just having one in CA in 2009. Not to say it isn't possible and that I wouldn't love it (SWMBO was born in San Diego and wants to go back)...but...I recall at this time last year folks were saying it was going to be in DC in 2010. That clearly didn't pan out. I'll wait to hear from the AHA to make my travel plans.

You'd be right to be skeptical, but I think it might be different this time then the DC rumor. At that time there wasn't a very good selection process. The AHA has made an effort to get ahead of the game. This is one of the very few conferences in the world, that has actually grown during the economic downturn. It makes sense that they would want to enter into hotel agreements while they have substantial leverage.

The east coast / west coast rotation was a nice thing, however, Gary Glass mentioned last year that the strength of the package would be the determining factor and not the alternate E/W locations.

I got the news 2nd hand but the source was an email from someone on the SD committee. Still. Might be false.

F-it, I'll still be there but I'm not bringing cornies. It would just be nice to be exposed to different homebrew clubs other than Cali. Yes, the WHALES should rent an RV and make the trip anyway but it's hard enough to get 5 people out of 60 to buy a plane ticket to Minneapolis.

Tickets and hotel are booked. My club is also signed up for club night. Hope to meet a lot of you there!

I have created a localized conference site to simplify registering for preconference events, and to point out some of the better bottle shops, watering holes, and other stuff.

Chillin in Minnesota!
Kevin

Just found out today I will be able to attend through work. Will be at the Midwest booth from 11 am to 6 pm on Saturday. Stop in and say hi. Ask for Abe.

Back