BBC shows, etc.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DUCCCC

Reaction score
I know I've brought this up before here on HBT, but since one of my favorite new shows began it's 3rd season this last Friday evening I thought it needed a new post.

The IT Crowd had its season premier on Friday, and because I have two toddlers in the house I rarely get to watch TV, and even then I don't get BBC live on my cable/antenna here in NC. Thankfully I've got Miro and a RSS from tvRSS setup for this show.

I am also a big fan of Top Gear and I am getting that torrent as we speak also via RSS. Fifth Gear's season is long over.

Since it looks like SAG is going to have an actor's strike, it might not be a bad idea to make sure you've got alternate sources of boob-tube effluent.

ETA:
I almost forgot...

I am also a huge fan of VideoLan player. It's available as a PortableApp, and together with your downloaded shows, you can have your entertainment with you on a thumbdrive wherever you go!

You say you like the BBC shows ... have you had a chance to watch No Heroics yet?

It's hard to get, since it's only available pond-side, but through the usual, um, alternate channels of obtainment, it's a really, REALLY fantastic show.

That, and Electroclash is hot. Mmm. Green eyes, brown hair. Mmm.

Here's the trailer:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3zpMTKvvgk]YouTube - No Heroics Trailer[/ame]

"I beat little Don like he owe me money."

Electroclash and Timebomb totally make the show for me.

Sweet, love to hear about new ones.
Just added Primeval and No Heroics feeds.

Definitely Top Gear and Kitchen Nightmares... even if Ramsay is a ******.

Little Britain, when I'm drunk...

I love the British tv shows. I've been on a kick for awhile now. I don't have access to newer shows, but get what I can off of Netflix.
Favorites have been Black Books, Ballykissangel, As Time Goes By, Waiting for God, to name a few.

Two words...Doctor friggin Who.
I've been a fan since I was a kid, and the new series are just unbelievable.
Top Gear is great as well, and No Heroics looks pretty good too.

I love Top Gear but what is the deal? "New" shows are segments from 3-4 years ago. They seem to burp up 2-3 new shows and then rehash for the rest of the season. I'm Jonesin' here, man!

OK, so while I had a free bit of time this afternoon I got to watch episode one of "No Heroics". Definitely a silly show that deserves a few more episodes to see if I really like it, but I have to know if this is shown on over the air broadcasts for anyone with an antenna. If so, it's incredible what the censors in the UK allow!

but I have to know if this is shown on over the air broadcasts for anyone with an antenna. If so, it's incredible what the censors in the UK allow!

I've been wondering the same damn thing!!!!!!!! That show would be banned for language here! (But, oddly, would need FAR more blood to be found attractive my kids these days....)

But.... am I right? Is Timebomb not the coolest character ever?! :p

New IT Crowd is online now.

Got seasons one and two of Primeval, but I haven't had a chance to watch an episode yet. I'm through episode 3 of No Heroics and it's a funny show, but I haven't seen any truly, fall out of the chair, hilarity.

Alright, I've seen episode one of Primeval, and I'm about halfway through #2. This one's much more my kind of show.

I have to say that the last IT Crowd was as funny as any episode from season one, and actually had me laughing so hard my eyes watered at one point.

Definitely a silly show that deserves a few more episodes to see if I really like it, but I have to know if this is shown on over the air broadcasts for anyone with an antenna. If so, it's incredible what the censors in the UK allow!
Yeah, it's free-to-air for anyone with digital TV reception, which is pretty much everyone. It's on ITV2 (so not a BBC show), though TBH I'd never heard of it until I saw it on here. Having seen one episode, it's pretty good. But yeah, our censors let us say **** and cock and **** and piss and monkey-****er and ****-eating wankbastard. They're quite broad-minded in that respect.

OK, I've now watched all of season 1 of Primeval.

Why was I never told of this program before?

I'm totally hooked.

Did any one watch Little America?

I gve up TV years agou but I down load the odd show inc TOP Gear.

If any one can figure out a geographical hack for the BBC iplayer you'll can watch alot of shows.

The Art of Conversation

The first broadcast of a newly discovered piece by Dylan Thomas, written during WWII when he was employed by the BBC to write radio talks and features.

A short piece of Allied propaganda, it is a witty talk on the decline of conversation, with 'contributions' from, among others, Oscar Wilde, Aubrey Beardsley and Dr Johnson, which frequently reminds listeners that 'careless talk costs lives'.

Broadcast on:BBC Radio 4, 11:30am Wednesday 3rd December Duration: 30 minutes Available until: 12:02pm Wednesday 10th December Category:
Go to The Art of Conversation site

b00fq2xf_512_288.jpg

OK, I'm getting impatient! When's Series 3 of Primeval going to begin!!! grrrrr.

My Miro's been bored. I've been getting Fifth Gear and Top Gear, but I'm really Jonesing for new IT Crowd and Primeval.

I love watching Kitchen Nightmare. Gordon Ramsey is awesome.

I can't understand the people who don't listen to him. They obviously asked him to be there. The guy is both a successful chef and restaurant owner, but these people who are only weeks away from losing everything don't listen to him. Makes no sense.

I just got finished watching The IT Crowd. Hilarious stuff!!

I downloaded Miro and I'm gonna be playing around with it now, but is there a tutorial somewhere on how to d/l BBC shows (or shows from other countries for that matter).

...but is there a tutorial somewhere on how to d/l BBC shows (or shows from other countries for that matter).

Miro's saving grace for me is the built in torrent client, and RSS support.

Visit tvRSS - Syndication for your television and find a series you'd like to subscribe to. Click on the link, and you'll find a list of torrents for all the episodes, but you'll also see a RSS button that says " Search-based RSS feed" next to it. Right click this link and copy the link location. Now go into Miro and under the Channel menu pick Add Channel. Paste the RSS link into the Add Channel dialog box and you're now subscribed. It'll begin downloading new show automatically. You'll probably want to make sure you rename the "channel" in Miro, so there's no confusion once you start adding more feeds.

There's probably going to be few torrent seeders out there for older shows, so you're on your own to find those on your favorite Jolly Roger themed overseas website.

Enjoy!

IT Crowd is awesome. IFC broadcasts it on Thursday nights (I think), and they suprisingly were showing some of the new episodes. About 85% of the TV that I watch (and 99% of the shows that I *must* watch) are BBC.

In case any fans missed it, Primeval Series 3 started last Saturday night.

Anyone no if No Heroics will air any new episodes this year?

I love the British tv shows. I've been on a kick for awhile now. I don't have access to newer shows, but get what I can off of Netflix.
Favorites have been Black Books, Ballykissangel, As Time Goes By, Waiting for God, to name a few.

Since Saturday night TV generally is bad we got hooked on that show. Shortly after that show is the one where they are cops (what is the name??) that has Mr. Bean starring in it. I like to see he can talk, he is funny on that show. I guess what really gets me excited is Habib. A hot female Indian cop with an english accent. She is hot! :ban:

Not sure if it is BBC but it is Brittish but I love the The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes with Jeremy Brett. Such a well done series, I can watch them over and over again. Such a shame he died in real life at 61. Heavy smoker.

Not sure if it is BBC but it is Brittish but I love the The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes with Jeremy Brett. Such a well done series, I can watch them over and over again. Such a shame he died in real life at 61. Heavy smoker.

So, who did it?

Back