New LHBS in Elkhorn / West Omaha

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Omahawk

Reaction score
Noticed last night when picking up a pizza at Sam and Louie's that there's a new homebrew shop opening in a storefront in Elkhorn. Opening this Saturday, Oct 5 at 10AM.

http://www.patriothomebrewsupply.com/

Neat story - so far, it looks like they're doing it right. Excited for an option out in West Omaha.

Yep, the guy opening it is a former/current homebrewer. Definitely a good guy.

If only it wasn't so far west.

He's been posting pics of the store on Facebook and I think I might have to make the trek. It looks like they have a huge selection

84th and K is "so far east" for some if us. :). I can walk to this one.

Dont get me wrong.....the current ones are too damn far south for me(Im by Irvington) :ban:

My wife works in Elkhorn so if I need something maybe Ill just be able to convince her to stop there and get me whatever I may need.

I'll check back in with prices and if there's anything unique compared to the other places in town.

Checked it out this morning. So far, I'm impressed. Great prices. Decent selection of the basics (kits, grain, extracts, hops, yeast, mills and kettles, kegging accessories, etc). I got a 50lb bag of Briess 2row for $36.99, Wyeast for $7.99 and White Labs for $8.99.

A great feature is that you can by a wide range of base and specialty grains in bulk (i.e., choose your increment and bag it) also in reasonable prices.

Best prices in town for sure. I might not need to do much online brew-shopping at these prices.

I agree with Omahawk. I stopped in on Friday and the prices are very resonable. They offer locally grown hops from Ryhnalds in leaf form, in addition to a variety of commercially produced pellets. I also really like being able to purchase any increment of grain to match the recipe I have planned. That will eliminate having a bunch of remnant bags cluttering up by storage room.

Stopped into Patriot a couple of weekends ago. Good selection of ingredients and extras and great customer service, which goes a long way because there is another LHBS owner that has less than stellar customer service which drove me to order everything online. Glad I have another alternative.

Don't forget to bring in your AHA membership card for a discount!

Back