Craft breweries and/or craft cidery in California

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgerBrigade

Reaction score
I'm looking for someone to produce cider for me in Northern California.. I am planning on doing 500 or 1000 gallons to start with. I have been talking to wineries but I need carbonation so I think a sparkling winery would be the way to go...
I live in the Monterey Peninsula so the closer the better
Anyone got any ideas?
:mug:

I would check for cider works or small wineries before I go with small breweries. Beer is a completely different animal than cider and I'd choose someone who makes wine before someone who makes beer. (Thats just me)

Cider works will most likely have the ability to force carb and wineries that produce bubbly or sparkling wine achieve this with force carbing also.

I know that in NC, there are a LOT of small wineries that take fruit from other wineries, ferment it and private label for them. Wether the final product turns out ok is a different story since you won't have any control over the process. (Other than in a consulting capacity)

EDIT:
---my bad...I thought I had read in your initial post you were looking for a brewery. ;)

Pickled_Pepper said:
EDIT:
---my bad...I thought I had read in your initial post you were looking for a brewery. ;)

Ha ha I tricked you Pickled lol..... I did initially have breweries listed until I realized exactly your point that small wineries and sparkling wine producers would be better... :)

Where would I look for sparkling wine producer list for California? Does such a thing exist?

I bet just about any small winery that produces a Rosé or White Wines has experimented with making it bubbly. I'm sure there's a list out there. Try a google search for sparkling wines in Northern California or even Cider Works.

Back