• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

3 gallon corny kegs - price check + interest

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brehuh

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have some ball lock 3 gallon cornys and I looking to part with, I have had them for a while work great, new seals and clean. I am not sure what they go for and I can only find them new for 120 ish. What would be a fair price? I need to fund my brewing!

I see them for about $80+ used and in good shape.

A few years ago, Williams Brewing had a big sale on them ($49 apiece!) and sold out in record time. That was the lowest price I had ever seen, as I usually see them at $80-85 now, sometimes $90.

I don't need any, so maybe it helps if I give my input on a fair price.

Like yooper said .. kegs are getting harder and harder to find.. specially here in michigan.. anything and everything i come across on the street is the same as online or lhbs .. so there are no deals around here.. if i was u i would keep em.. i came across a guy that runs a beverage company and was getting rid of his cornies and got a 3 gal and a 10 gal and never been happier.. hell even the 3 gallons on ebay are going for $90+ plus shipping on average .. lol i would sell myself before my kegs.. but thats jus me!

There's been a guy on the Boston Craigslist for a couple of years that had a $120 price tag on a used 3 gallon. I almost get the feeling he's a lhbs or that no one wants them for that price. I think you can wait and find "new" for just over $100. I'd say $95-80 would be fair and probably get a quick response from an impulsive buyer. I waited around and got one for $49 from homebrewing.org and new.

Have a 10 gallon corny keg and im trying to decide whether to sell it to use money for something else or keep it for possibly fermenting in? Do you guys have any idea how much would be fair to ask for It? There is a local brew pub interested in it for storing excess yeast.

Thanks

the 10 gallons go for quite a bit, I believe I've seen em for $200ish+ but I could be wrong, let's see what the others say.

10 gallons are $100 for a beat up one $150 for one in good shape.

There's been a guy on the Boston Craigslist for a couple of years that had a $120 price tag on a used 3 gallon. I almost get the feeling he's a lhbs or that no one wants them for that price. I think you can wait and find "new" for just over $100. I'd say $95-80 would be fair and probably get a quick response from an impulsive buyer. I waited around and got one for $49 from homebrewing.org and new.

I actually contacted him a few months back. He is not a LHBS, he just seems to believe that because he's only used them a couple of times, he should be able to get as-new pricing for them. He had them at $130/piece a little while ago, when I asked him how/why he thought they were worth that his answer was that he paid $135 for them and "they're like new".

Back