Nottingham - Potential price increase.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BenDover

Reaction score
For what it's worth:

My LHBS proprietor mentioned he got an email from Lallemand; They're uping the MSRP to $5.00 a pack.

The reason I say potential is because he said the email said nothing of wholesale price increases.

Yeah, that's going to be a hard sell. Lots of us have remained pretty loyal to Nottingham yeasts despite the troubles, but the way I see it, first you prove the quality, then maybe you raise the prices. Safale might just make a killing on this move.

Phthp - if they jack it up that much, I'll go back to Safale. As noted on another thread, I just tried Notty for the first time in a couple of years to see if they've fixed their issues. One thing that appeals is that Notty is very price-competitive. If they are more than Safale, guess what I'm buying? I agree with JawBox - prove your quality before you jack up your prices.

Back