A near flawless performance

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glynn

Reaction score
WOOT! The forth times a charm I guess. I finally a painless brew day. I hit all my marks from start to finish and it only took me 4.5 hours from setup to clean up. the only problems i had was maintaining a steady mash temp. within the first 30 min i lost 5 degrees. Most of which i got back with a qt of near boiling water. but i still mashed a little lower than i hoped for. The other was while in the process of adding water i spilled some on me brand new thermometer that replaced the one i drop into my mash the last time. I looked down in horror to see everything but the temp gauge freeze up and stop working. Determined not to lose another one to the beer gods i field stripped that bad boy right then and there and managed to bring it back from the dead. :ban: All in all I'm feeling pretty good about myself right now. I thing i just might be getting this. lol.

Back