Is this the picture of a beer ready to keg?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bestbrew

Reaction score
image-1073294004.jpg

We are having a discussion...I say let's wait a little longer...he says let's keg it....um

Stable gravity readings for 3 days at or near prediction, then it is ready to keg.

I prefer to let the yeast work a little longer. 3-4 weeks in primary.

Is that a fake TV sharpied on a card board box?

Oh and , let it go another week.

cl330b said:
Is that a fake TV sharpied on a card board box?

Oh and , let it go another week.

Hey now...that tv has two knobs. It gets uhf and vhf.

Oh and since you didn't give any gravity readings, give it another week.

are we talking actual keg? or the word cornelius drawn on a cardboard poster tube?
you are a master of deception

are we talking actual keg? or the word cornelius drawn on a cardboard poster tube?
you are a master of deception

:D

Go off gravity readings - keg once those are stable. You can always age it longer in the keg if it's not quite ready yet, gives you more space to brew

Depends on the beer really... Wheat beers and dry hopped beers are typically better fresher. I usually primary these for about two weeks and dry hop the last ten days or so in primary.

Big beers with big abv's tend to benefit from longer primaries. I usually let these go for about 4 weeks in primary then secondary for dry hopping if required.

:mug:

brewingmeister said:
Hey now...that tv has two knobs. It gets uhf and vhf....

What's uhf and vhf? =P

Back on topic...as everyone has said, look for stable hydrometer readings over 2 or 3 days. Visuals don't tell you if it's done.

kevin476 said:
did you take gravity samples?

Took a gravity reading, early on but broke the darn thing...got to buy another.

It is a fat tire clone...it tastes awesome....but we do have it in the keg aging as well.

We will be brewing this one again...it finishes fast and taste great. I am still trying to perfect the Gravity readings... Will get there one of these days :)

I judge "time to keg" by a couple of things- one is the beer being finished for at least three days and the next sign is the beer starting to clear.

It's hard to tell from the picture, but it looks like the beer is still pretty cloudy with yeast and floaties. I'd probably wait until it's reasonably clear before kegging it.

Back