Show Us Your Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Casedeville, I think yours are great. You've branded them very well! No mistaking that they all come from the same brewery.

Here is my first shot at a label for my pearcider.
As I am danish it says pearcider in danish. "Nørrebro 17" is where I live, where the pears grew and where the cider was made.

Not sure I'm satisfied with the font.

Cider.jpg

Here's my first label. It's for my Coffee & Cream Stout that I just bottled. It started out as a joke from a picture of a dog that was floating around the internet and in chain emails.

hblCPCCreamStout.jpg

nissarup said:
As I am danish it says pearcider in danish. "Nørrebro 17" is where I live, where the pears grew and where the cider was made.

I like the minimalistic approach. I'm not artistic in any way, but to me it seems like if everything was dropped down a little more, so the pear was more centered, that it would be more pleasing to the eye.

Shamelessly scanned in the label from the can and did a few tweaks.

Still happy how this quick and lazy batch turned out.

(Cooper's Bitter, 3lbs light DME, 1oz Cascade for aroma and Nottingham yeast.)

coopers.jpg

A few of my current labels.

Awesome post btw some great labels here.

DoubleBlackDiamondStout-1.jpg

Whiskey Fortified Irish Stout

3drunkmonk.jpg

Belgian Tripel pitched with a dry German yeast

Wonkaschocolatestout.jpg

Chocolate Milk Stout

GingerAlerevisit.jpg

Irish Red Ale

nice love them...what did you use to create them?

Just used MS Word . . . which explains the boring fonts . . .I've got no skills for that kind of thing. And honestly, I only label a few bottles. Just the ones I give away. I use different cap colors to keep track of what I'm drinking -- too lazy to label everything!

LOVE labels like this...simply fantastic...but I do agree with the other post that maybe the pear should come down some...great work!

What size image is that? I always like that aspect ratio.

It's a 4" x 2" label for my 22 ounce bottles (which means I now need to change the Fluid Ounce ribbon on it). It's just some of those Avery labels from Staples.

Oh, and is that The Chat Dragon's Eldritch Dark Ale going to be ready for PAX East? If so, I may have track you down on the convention floor for a taste!

Just found this forum, and thought I'd throw my hat into the ring. Gotta say I'm mighty impressed by the creativity here. Lotta good stuff in this thread.

We don't label very often, but we've got a batch coming up that needs it, so here's my contribution:

Bigger size for posters/keg:
AgentOrangeLabelRGB.jpg

Smaller for bottling:
AgentOrangeBottleLabelRGB.jpg

It's a 4" x 2" label for my 22 ounce bottles (which means I now need to change the Fluid Ounce ribbon on it). It's just some of those Avery labels from Staples.

Oh, and is that The Chat Dragon's Eldritch Dark Ale going to be ready for PAX East? If so, I may have track you down on the convention floor for a taste!

It is! It is going to be kegged this week and carbed by next Thursday. Tastes great! We can do a shady exchange somewhere at PAX no problem!

nissarup said:

Very nice label!

I love those labels, Mr. Buttcrack.

I've though about a brewery name (something ape related, perhaps) and having each brew with the ape changed. RIS having a big black ape with a big russian fur hat or something. Your mole-label had me cracking up quite a bit. The moustache is fantastic.

A vanilla hef I make for our fantasy football league each year:

BAMFbeerlabelgreen2011small-1.jpg

A JP-themed bourbon stout aged in a barrel:

clevergirlbourbonstout2partlabel.jpg

My wife's first try at homebrewing:

CocoBrunuttePorterfittedsmall.jpg

This year's Christmas brew:

CottonHeadedNinnyMuggins2new.jpg

A blueberry hef for my favorite band:

FIF-TheEndisBeer2.jpg

My first beer ever...also with a nerdy theme:

mcbagginsstoutsmall-1.jpg

A beer for one of the best moments in my life:

torturedbrownale1-1.jpg

Brewbobaggins- love the Cotton Headed Ninnymuggins; did it have maple syrup in it? And also, love your name!

Beercocks- really good design...the dog is a little dark though; not much detail or contrast. Good overall design though, especially the use of the paws.

Edited these from existing online labels. The 1st one small print reads 'Golden Dynamite a free flowing ale. The 2nd one reads , hidden stash, mystery ale.... An unknown formula, brewed in a bucket, left in a garage but at 5% it's worth it

image-2650675448.jpg

image-3530176664.jpg

A vanilla hef I make for our fantasy football league each year:

BAMFbeerlabelgreen2011small-1.jpg

A JP-themed bourbon stout aged in a barrel:

clevergirlbourbonstout2partlabel.jpg

My wife's first try at homebrewing:

CocoBrunuttePorterfittedsmall.jpg

This year's Christmas brew:

CottonHeadedNinnyMuggins2new.jpg

A blueberry hef for my favorite band:

FIF-TheEndisBeer2.jpg

My first beer ever...also with a nerdy theme:

mcbagginsstoutsmall-1.jpg

A beer for one of the best moments in my life:

torturedbrownale1-1.jpg

Those are FANTASTIC

OhCrap, I love those. Funny yes, but I really like the look.

Fowler, for some reason all Im seeing are little red x's. But they look nice. :)

1stTimer said:
OhCrap, I love those. Funny yes, but I really like the look.

Fowler, for some reason all Im seeing are little red x's. But they look nice. :)

Cheers
I tried to match the label style to the bottle. I prefer the hidden stash one as I got a wrong og reading due to 'tasting to much' but I estimated around 5% hence 'mystery ale' etc :)

Back