Christmas/holiday beer ideas???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, whatever it is you've only got a month for it to finish :)

I'm brewing a nut brown ale this weekend. Not particularly festive, but should be a nice hearty ale to enjoy with comfort food.

Yeah I know holidays are coming up quick. I figure I will brew it this weekend or early next week and then keg it in a few should have enough time.

I made a holiday spiced ale. It is a light bodied amber ale brewed with ginger, cinnamon and orange peel then fermented with a Saison yeast. I've brewed it before but used US-05. The spices are classic holiday spices and I enjoy it.

I made a batch of pumpkin ale. I'll drink some on turkey day and the rest I'll give away for Christmas. Right now I have fruitcake ale going on. It has 3.5lbs of dried fruit in the secondary. I'll give all but a 4 pack away for Christmas.

I made a batch of the Ugly Sweater Holiday Ale that will be ready for Thanksgiving, and I am making a sweet stout and a raspberry ale the Saturday after Thanksgiving for some fruity Black & Tans for the holidays.

I got my Buckeye Burton ale in bottles last Sunday,& they're clear as a bell already. We have to bottle my wife's Summer ale today. We're adding 12 small packets of True Lemon crystallized juice to the priming solution for it as well. 2 packets equal 1TBSP juice. We're experimenting to see if it's better than zest,or at least as good.
They should both be great by Christmas time. Just got an idea for another one last night. Brew a brown ale with 1 crumbled up box of concentrated mince meat filling in a grain sack for maybe the last 20 minutes in the BK.

Back