Diacetyl rest for 3 days - Still krausen/fermentation?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DamageCT

Reaction score
I have had a lager fermenting at around 46degF for about a week and a half.
I was told to raise the temp to about 62degF to diacetyl rest when it was at about 3/4 the FG (which it was).

So I raised the temp 2&1/2 days ago and it still seems to be fermenting, the krausen has not gone down... What should I do?

Should I leave it at my raised temp or should I put it back in at a lower temp? Or should I just transfer to my secondary and start the Lagering proccess?

Thanks!!!

Is it at FG and held there over a 3 day period? If so, it's done and you are likely seeing off gassing and not fermentation.

It is, but regardless of it releasing, should I be transfering it to the secondary carboy? Or should I be dropping the temps? Or should I be leaving it at 62?

It is, but regardless of it releasing, should I be transfering it to the secondary carboy? Or should I be dropping the temps? Or should I be leaving it at 62?

Leave it alone until the krausen drops and the SG is no longer changing. Taste for diacetyl before racking and dropping the temperatures!

Leave it alone until the krausen drops and the SG is no longer changing. Taste for diacetyl before racking and dropping the temperatures!

thanks, everything actually dropped and the SG looked right on with the FG today, so I think i was just in panic mode, thanks for the help

Latest posts

Back