HBT on iPhone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JLem

Reaction score
anyone know of an app for the iPhone that would allow easier viewing of HBT? I hate using safari to check the forum since you need to constantly pinch and zoom and navigation with such a small screen is awful.

Im on HBT on my HTC all the time and its fine for me... you need glasses old man or dont drink so much home brew before you surf your phone:D

I use Opera Mini. Not so much pinching.

Would be nice to have some kind of reader API (Tapatalk?) to streamline things tho.

A double-tap zooms in without having to do the reverse pinch thing, and a single tap with two fingers zooms back out.

I do a lot of browsing on the iPhone and it isn't incredible, but it works.

Double tap zoom and/or flip it sideways. 90% of the time I'm on hbt, I'm on my iPhone. The only thing that can get tedious is long posts.

anyone know of an app for the iPhone that would allow easier viewing of HBT? I hate using safari to check the forum since you need to constantly pinch and zoom and navigation with such a small screen is awful.

I keep an eye out for interesting posts on my iPhone via rss feed in google reader. This way I can easily see new topics without having to go navigate the mobile unfriendly site.

I read HBT on my iPhone everyday, and it works fine. Yes u have to zoom in and out a lot, but you have to with any forum site. Forum boards werent designed with the tiny screens in mind.... Honestly, its no more zooming than pretty much any other "full" site!

Well, I was hoping for a forum-reading app that apparently doesn't exist. Thanks for the replies.

i wish they would get tapatalk. Cmon moderators / admins. Hook us up!

I see this is an old thread but I'll reply anyway. I think there is a way to enable the mobile site for this forum... although I could be misremembering.

I avoid tryng to read HBT on my I Phone. It doesn't come in properly any how. No Banners or colors. Just black and white text. Another vote for tapatalk here

The app store has a couple available. I use forum runner for another forum (another hobby) that follow. Seems to work well. Works with vbulletin with a minimal setup effort on the part of the board owner.

There is a homebrewtalk app on android, I thought they had it for iphone too?

MTG-ThreadNecromancer_3198.jpg

For whatever it's worth, Tapatalk, which is usually three bucks, is free on an app platform called GetJar. So if that was the barrier to the modmins letting someone do the work for them this might be a good time to transition.

Not that I don't like the HBT app; it's cool. But having all my message boards in the same place on my phone is a benefit too.

For whatever it's worth, Tapatalk, which is usually three bucks, is free on an app platform called GetJar. So if that was the barrier to the modmins letting someone do the work for them this might be a good time to transition.

Not that I don't like the HBT app; it's cool. But having all my message boards in the same place on my phone is a benefit too.

Awesome news for Android users but it told me for the iPhone:

"We've got good news and bad news: we've figured out that you have a iPhone mobile phone, but unfortunately Tapatalk won't work on that phone."

zyx345 said:
Awesome news for Android users but it told me for the iPhone:

"We've got good news and bad news: we've figured out that you have a iPhone mobile phone, but unfortunately Tapatalk won't work on that phone."
Oops. Sorry for the false hope there. If it's any consolation Android users see the reverse of that message all the time. :)

I just downloaded the latest update for the app for my iPod touch and it's all messed up. Anyone else have this experience? And anyone know how to fix it? Can you restore an earlier version?

The new version of the mobile app is built using Tapatalk. From what I understand, the forum will not be available through the tapatalk network so you must use the HBT mobile app for iPhone and Android.

That app has had issues, but apparently the Android app update has been released and the iPhone app is forthcoming (today perhaps).

Edit: iPhone app update is now out (version 3.4). Downloading now.

Back