Needing help with first lager

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DPB

Reaction score
I apologize in advance, I posted this before and wanted to get more opinions on the matter. I will be bottling my first Kolsch and Pilsner this weekend. During the cold crashing of the Kolsch I slightly froze it. My question is should I repitch some yeast in the bottling bucket for not only the Kolsch but the Pilsner as well (they've been lagering since the beginning of Feb.) I have some dry Nottingham yeast laying around will that work (if I need it) and how much yeast should I re-pitch. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

I would repitch some yeast just to be safe (better than having to crack them open in a couple months to reyeast). The dried yeast should work fine as long as the beers completely attenuated during primary fermentation. The general rule is that you should repitch ~10% of what you would normally pitch for primary fermentation (so about 1 gram in each is probably fine).

Back