Favorite Morning Beer.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wife would look at me funny if I poured a pint in Morning, while getting the kids ready for school. Plus you know what they say about people that drink in the morning right.....

I really like a hefeweissen or session IPA, depending on what's for breakfast.

My friend likes to rant that it's perfectly normal to have a mimosa or Bloody Mary at 10am, but if you even think about getting a beer before noon then everyone looks down on you.

Back when I worked nights, there was nothing better than sitting on my front porch drinking a nice wit and smoking a cigarette while my neighbors looked at me funny.

that mentality will change very soon when you see "Morning Beer" on more and more menus throughout the US. At least I hope it will. Sometimes, when I order a Belgian waffle, I would just rather have a beer than a mimosa.

The only time I drink before noon is either on beer trips, camping trips or a college football game.

Ok, and maybe sometimes when I brew.

I usually only drink before noon if we're hitting up a brewery (Russian River in two weeks!) or if I get an early start brewing on a weekend. And in both of those cases it's not before 10 or 11. In all other cases the only beverage that sounds good in the morning is coffee.

You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!

I'll drink just about anything in the morning, but I prefer something with a decent hop presence.

Love a bavarian hefe in the A.M.

I started doing this at a local place -- Eggs Benedict and Hefe, served in a traditional hefe glass.

The glass isn't a must, but that is what got me hooked. Nothing like having a nice breakfast in front of you with a beer glass that is 18" tall sitting in front of you at 9am.

If I'm not eating I like to do a car bomb style chocolate oatmeal stout with a shot of espresso.
If I'm eating then a nice malty/hoppy IPA. Yum. Nothing like hops and eggs!

Like an unsurprising number of you, I hail from Wisconsin, where there was subsidized morning milk in the elementary schools, until very recently. Little known, is that the University of Wisconsin system has subsidized morning beer. I can vividly remember cracking open a tallboy of La Crosse Lager, as soon as I finished my omelet.

Normally, though, I have to drive in the morning, and even Wisconsin police arrest drunk drivers.

Whatever tickles my fancy, but low on the ABV%. "Stouts" are a good substitute for coffee.

Generally though, I'm just not in much of a mood for beer too early. By that I mean too early for me. I don't much care what others think is an appropriate time.

I usually stick with gravity samples until at least ten

Back