More bragging on my wife

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homebrewdad

Reaction score
My wife does not drink beer. My wife does not care for the process of me brewing beer - she contends that it makes the house smell nasty (yeah, there is a turkey fryer in my future).

However, she has been supportive, has bought me some nice craft brews several times.

I had been complaining to her about my last brewday; I don't have any temperature control, and had let my batch get too hot for close to a day before I got it down via ice packs. I had stated that I needed to wait to brew again until I at least had a tub that I could fill with cold water and immerse my carboy in.

So yesterday, she sends me a PDF - which happens to be the full fourteen page document containing plans and instructions for building the Son of a Fermentation Chiller. She let me know that it's not that much in materials and that she's certain I won't have any problem building it.

Yeah, I was familiar that this plan existed, but I hadn't actually looked at it in great detail.

I just thought that was cool on her part; she actually did some independent homework on the issue and sent me an excellent solution. It made me feel good.

Awesome I'm jealous. My gf doesn't even want to hear the word brew or beer when we talk :(

homebrewdad said:
My wife does not drink beer. My wife does not care for the process of me brewing beer - she contends that it makes the house smell nasty (yeah, there is a turkey fryer in my future).

However, she has been supportive, has bought me some nice craft brews several times.

I had been complaining to her about my last brewday; I don't have any temperature control, and had let my batch get too hot for close to a day before I got it down via ice packs. I had stated that I needed to wait to brew again until I at least had a tub that I could fill with cold water and immerse my carboy in.

So yesterday, she sends me a PDF - which happens to be the full fourteen page document containing plans and instructions for building the Son of a Fermentation Chiller. She let me know that it's not that much in materials and that she's certain I won't have any problem building it.

Yeah, I was familiar that this plan existed, but I hadn't actually looked at it in great detail.

I just thought that was cool on her part; she actually did some independent homework on the issue and sent me an excellent solution. It made me feel good.

She's a keeper!

I haven't gotten her to try anything I have brewed; in her mind, beer = Bud Light (or possibly Guinness). I'm holding out that one day, I'll get her to sample.

But the supportiveness is very cool.

Here's my solution from back in the day...[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSYbZTsY-00&feature=related"]http:///www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSYbZTsY-00&feature=related[/ame]

Does she like wine?? You could show her how much you appreciate her support by using one of your carboys for a batch of wine instead of beer sometime.

Does she like wine?? You could show her how much you appreciate her support by using one of your carboys for a batch of wine instead of beer sometime.

Nice idea, but she drinks very little, period.

Heh, unless she decides to party. Then it's assorted hard liquor.

1776 said:
Awesome I'm jealous. My gf doesn't even want to hear the word brew or beer when we talk :(

You should break things off then. She's obviously not a keeper.

She is definately a keeper. I would do the build and then while I was at it I would whip up something nice for her too. Sometimes it is the littlest things that get the most attention, so be a stand up kinda guy and do something nice for her just because you can... Have a great weekend!!
Wheelchair Bob

Nice dude. I had to talk my gf OUT of buying me a larger mini-fridge because she knows how much i hate only being able to fit 1 corny in my current kegerator (moving soon, extra $$ for tower/regulator/more co2).

These are good women.

Nice it is good when our significant others pay enough attention to surprise us. The trick is now YOU should do the same thing for her. (Don't tell her it was my suggestion.)

Nice it is good when our significant others pay enough attention to surprise us. The trick is now YOU should do the same thing for her. (Don't tell her it was my suggestion.)

Agreed. I make it a point to do this.

Very sound advice.

Yep. Guess I ned to take her on one of those mystery, whodunnit type dinner things. She's always wanted to do one.

Yep. Guess I ned to take her on one of those mystery, whodunnit type dinner things. She's always wanted to do one.

or hunting antiques, bird watching, to a craft show or that weekend away she may have been hinting at. It is pretty special she took the time to research it, present it to you, give the go ahead to build and a vote of confidence your skill set can more than handle the job. I am fortunate to have a wife of 13 year that is very supportive of my inner beer nerd. I try to take every opportunity to reciprocate her support with interest.

This thread is useless without pics. You do know about the lifetime membership right?

Awesome! My wife hates beer, couldn't care less about brewing, but form some reason is incredibly supportive of my hobby. She helped me build this:
image-2868241434.jpg

And looks like this:
image-1115209614.jpg

I love my life.

If I had a pic of my wife to share to you boys it would be of her flipping me the finger every single night as she exits to go to bed. Yep, we still have hot sex. Beer, not matter how awesome it is, is nothing compared to her.

Back